Shelby American Trans Cooler & Schroth Harness

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
So, I am doing a few things to try to make my Tech car more track friendly. With the factory seatbelt, I am getting tossed around the car while hitting the twists of the track. I also put the car into limp mode on the track from the trans overheating.

To try to crush these problems, I installed the Shelby American trans cooler and I just ordered a set of Schroth Quick Fit Pro harnesses. Since I am not competing, just doing HPDE's and open track sessions, I'm pretty sure they will both work out.

Most reviews I have seen for both are positive, but I was wondering if any of you are running either of these items? If so, any caveats or things I should be aware of?

I know I'm taking the cheap way out with both options, but I would like to at least try to stack the odds in my favor.

I will post results for both after I have a few track days done. I have one on Saturday and one on the 20th.

Thanks
Spaz

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Few guys have already tried the trans cooler scoop. They could get a little more lap time out of the car, but eventually it still went into limp mode. That extra time was reduced on hot days. It's a good piece, but you still will need to swap the trans or plumb in a pump.

Heat wrap on the catalytic converters was a waste of time as well

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Yea, I found out the hard way this weekend. It was 20 degrees warmer than my last track day... Got about 5 more minutes of run time. In general, it's an improvement, but not a solution.

I have a lead on a R at MSRP. If I don't trade it in, looks like I'm going to have to do the pump system.

If I do keep it, I need to upgrade the rear diff to a cooling system too. I was running a very, very technical track both times it overheated. The second time may have been the diff, but I don't have the right tools to monitor the system... yet.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
They have one without tech or AC. I can live without tech, but I need AC. It's way to far to most tracks for me to not have it.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Sorry you didn't get it. I think Rs are going to be ADM free soon with some searching. I'd do that rather than modding. Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread