short throw shifter

darknightcobra

REALTOR
Established Member
the raiser plate needed for the Steeda tri-ax shifter is not a stock item, its custom made.

you can get them from bugzuki, a member on ceg

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=9082

remember they are for the metal shift towers only, not the plastic ones in the late 99s and 2k cars

I have a 2K csvt.....can I get the metal shift tower off any 98 and prior manual trans contour? or does it have to be off a svt.

Last edited:

brapple

Established Member
I have a 2K csvt.....can I get the metal shift tower off any 98 and prior manual trans contour? or does it have to be off a svt.

yes if you want to swap out the plastic shifter tower for a metal one you can use any from a 98-99 contour/mystique/cougar

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
biggest sack of crap I have ever heard...totally untrue...grinding gears and not knowing how to drive is bad for the tranny

scottydsntknow

Established Member
The one I just bought has a Spec short throw shifter with a reverse lockout already installed. Shifts like butter and goes into gear perfectly. I will never buy a B&M product again after one of their shifters locked the T5 in one of my old Mustangs in 5th gear and yes it was the shifter because once I pulled it and put the stock one back in it was fine. They are probably ok with the cable shifters in these cars though but still... burned once and its tough to go back to a company.

Users who are viewing this thread