Show me your fuel rail fittings w/ aftermarket blowers (KB specifically)

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
Curious to see how you GT500 guys are running your aftermarket fuel rail fittings with aftermarket blowers. Not sure what the whipple plate looks like, but the KB plate sits very close to the rear passenger fuel rail port where a traditional AN fitting won't clear the KB plate.

I see Fore sells really nice low profile 180s that I plan on using for the front of my rails (I run my fuel system in parallel, Y to the back of the rails, 180 out the fronts, to my FPR). I need basically a low profile 90, or something similar to the Fore low profile 180 but that doesn't actually flip the direction 180 and just jogs/offsets it above the plate. I'm assuming folks use a 90* AN o-ring to AN vs. the straight AN o-ring to AN, but before I order that fitting just wanted to see what other setups folks have used.

Here's a couple pics showing clearance with standard AN fittings (old ones laying around), let me see what you guys did....specifically for the rear passenger one

(Rear Passenger - straight installed just to show clearance)

GT128.jpg

Rear drivers - plenty of room

GT127.jpg

Front drivers - straight installed to show room, going to get the Fore low-pro 180s

GT126.jpg

Front passenger, same deal going to do the Fore 180 low pro

GT125.jpg

Oh yeah, it's not going in a GT500, and I have no emissions stuff, so space constraints of the engine bay are different and I should have a lot more room (going in my 00 HD F-150).

GT134.jpg

deepblue13

Established Member
I’ll take some pics tonight when I get to the shop. Don’t have any on my phone unfortunately.

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
Thanks. Digging around, it looks like the pre-done kits come with a 90* AN-oring to AN fitting for directly into the rail to 90* it out of the way of the recirc elbow, but just want to confirm what folks have done before I order fittings and make sure that combo works fine with the KB plates.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm using this Fore fitting at the front of the rail on the driver's side. It also swivels.

33-015-2T.jpg

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
That's what I plan on getting for the front on both sides. I see Fore also has nice extensions, I'll likely need one of those to try and extend the rail out to where my feed line lands on the drivers side rear. Passenger side rear is basically the last puzzle piece I need to figure out. Fore has more nice swivel 90 ORB fittings that may be the ticket.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Make sure you get their AN wrench for those 180* fittings. All of my wrenches were too thick to use to tighten the swivel once I had it where I wanted it.

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
Thanks for the tip. Their AN wrench fits that hex? I know some AN-ORB fitting hexs aren't standard AN dimensions like AN hose ends are. My AN wrench set is the thicker style so I'd run into the same thing, and I hate having to use steel conventional wrenches on anodized aluminum and risk nicking it up.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, it will. Even my conventional wrenches were too thick. Sucks to attempt to put everything together and realize you don't have the tools to do it. Just as soon pay shipping once.

Willie

Established Member
I ran a black braided hose from the driver's rear, along the firewall, then towards the front along the passenger side, under the bypass "J" tube, and used a 180 swivel hose end to connect it to the front of the pass. rail. Can't even see it..

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
Yes, it will. Even my conventional wrenches were too thick. Sucks to attempt to put everything together and realize you don't have the tools to do it. Just as soon pay shipping once.

For the 15 bucks or whatever it was, I ordered the Fore 8/10 wrench. I'll toss it in my track bag as a spare since I have the thicker style full set in the garage. Thanks for the heads up.

I ran a black braided hose from the driver's rear, along the firewall, then towards the front along the passenger side, under the bypass "J" tube, and used a 180 swivel hose end to connect it to the front of the pass. rail. Can't even see it..

What is on the rear of your passenger rail though? That's my question for this thread. Specifically for folks with KBs where it's blocked off pretty good.

Not a kenne bell but here are how I did it with extensions.

Thanks for the pics, that wouldn't come remotely close to working with the KB though. The KB lower plate goes all back in that area behind the passenger rail, and you can't go straight back with extensions on that rail.

I ended up ordering the two low profile Fore 180's for the fronts, a Fore 2" extension & a straight for the drivers rear that should hopefully line up with my existing Y-block fitting, and a Fore 90* orb fitting for the passenger rear so I can try to jog it around the KB plate & bypass elbow. Not sure which direction I'll face the 90 yet, but there doesn't appear to be any other option for this spot. Once I get it in, I'll mock up the routing options to figure out the direction & hose end angle I need.

Spent a quick $200+ in the blink of an eye on Fore's website LOL May have more in fuel rail fittings, than the fuel rails themselves haha. No biggie though, shortly after I spent even more on Summit ordering more ARP hardware for everything on the blower kit lol

Few pics that better show the clearances with the 4.9 KB around the fuel rail...

GT136.jpg
GT137.jpg
GT138.jpg
GT139.jpg
GT140.jpg

Willie

Established Member
Yes, OEM design.
In your case, I'd use an -08AN o-ring elbow. This has the sharpest bend coming off the rail and it WILL get you around the KB baseplate. From the elbow, whatever style fitting you want should work.

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
That's what I ended up ordering. I just want to make sure I don't need to do any fine adjustments on clearing the plate before I drop the plate off for anodizing black.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I've not seen a lower profile 90* fitting than these. These are also made by Fore.

200030-2.jpg

I've got two of these I ended up not using. They've not even been screwed into the fuel rail. By the time I had would have had a hose end connected to it, my hose would have been too tall for clearance. I could see that without putting them into play. I was changing out my fuel lines and thought this setup would get the hose ends off my wiring harness, but I ended up replicating what I had already. These also swivel. If interested PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread