show me your garage

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice garages here. Have a question...

I see many of you with what appear to be standard 8 or 9 foot ceiling garage interiors with 2 post lifts. Who makes the lifts and are they some sort of a "low profile" style or something?

I need to install one but doesn't appear Bend Pak makes one that short.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member

I see many of you with what appear to be standard 8 or 9 foot ceiling garage interiors with 2 post lifts. Who makes the lifts and are they some sort of a "low profile" style or something?

The pics are deceptive for the most part I believe. Most with 2 post are higher ceilings. But there is Maxjack. I haven’t done too much research on them though.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Should have asked more than 1 question in a post...is it a post tensioned slab? If so how did you do the placement etc on the lift? Who did your garage doors?

For the doors I just looked up a local contractor and had them change it to high lift. I didn't have the time and they did a so so job. I need to adjust them myself.

For the lift yes it's post tension. Most slabs in our part of TX are. I just bought a rebar scanner and located all of them before I drilled. One hole was near a tendon so for that one I used an epoxy anchor instead of an expansion one. PM me and I can answer any questions.

My ceilings are 10'-4". I was wanting a Bendpak but for as little as I use the lift I don't need anything that stout. So after reading up on the garagejournal I went with this Atlas. Everyone on that forum swears by it. It's Chinese made but good quality. I've had it a year and it's been flawless. Dropped the trans it the GTR twice, done all my oil changes, worked on a couple buddies cars and etc.
http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-BP8000

B0B

Established Member
Garage progress. Starting to look like something finally

90bcda07b54ef4a7a7655e0873d7fd23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Look up Rotary lifts. Designed and built in USA.
It’s not just build quality, also the overall dimension of the lift. I’ll find out more Monday during my preconstruction meeting...the pad will meet thickness and psi requirements. But it will be a post-tensioned slab, so that complicates matters. Plus I’ll need to find out what drilling into the slab will do warranty wise to the build. Biggest limfac at this point is ceiling height, I’m 99% sure it will be 9ft. So that limits me significantly.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
A floor epoxy or polycuramone is a must! It has been awesome when cleaning up oil, transmission fluid, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s not just build quality, also the overall dimension of the lift. I’ll find out more Monday during my preconstruction meeting...the pad will meet thickness and psi requirements. But it will be a post-tensioned slab, so that complicates matters. Plus I’ll need to find out what drilling into the slab will do warranty wise to the build. Biggest limfac at this point is ceiling height, I’m 99% sure it will be 9ft. So that limits me significantly.
For a 4 post lift, you'll probably need 5.5" of pad thickness so the collumn anchors can hold. My pad doesn't meet mimumum thickness, so (concrete) areas beneath where the collumns will be placed may have to be cut out, dug a little deeper, and refilled with concrete.

Shelby and car lift.jpg

This photo shows the just delivered Rotary lift, as well as where my car is parked now. Note the recessed area in the ceiling. This provides me additional ceiling height for the lift. To be safe, I'll still probably have to back the car onto the lift to ensure adequate clearance when the lift is raised and the garage door is open.

cammed 2v gt

Established Member
A floor epoxy or polycuramone is a must! It has been awesome when cleaning up oil, transmission fluid, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

How well has your floor held up to vehicle traffic? I want to do a floor next but I’ve had some people tell me horror stories about the diy stuff

'14 Grabber Blue GT
Stock
12.82@114

Users who are viewing this thread