Show me your MPSS.....

GWFoos

Established Member
Definitely interested in the outcome here. I'd decided on the MPSS 295/275 FER 105Y setup and now this info. Grrr. I'll wait to purchase until more details come out. Thanks for the update.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Definitely interested in the outcome here. I'd decided on the MPSS 295/275 FER 105Y setup and now this info. Grrr. I'll wait to purchase until more details come out. Thanks for the update.

Looks like we have one that just got his on, and the other is getting them in the next few days,,,I'm 3 weeks out, but will post my outcome also.

Manufacture date will be interesting to see if in fact there has been a change.

Johnny GT500

Established Member
Ky, please let me know your results when you get them installed. I had my mind all made up, then this confusion. I really think there is some bad info out there. I am going with this set up unless you tell me different. Btw, after looking at your pics, I installed the roush side and rear splitters yesterday. Love the look and no more sandblasting my paint. With the front factory splitter these really complete the look and appear stock.

ThomasL

Established Member
I just can't see them all the sudden saying, "hey let's make the MPSS even wider but not really tell anyone." It's already a very successful and popular tire. What reason would there be to fatten it even more yet keep the numbers/specs the same??

Ky GT500

Established Member
Ky, please let me know your results when you get them installed. I had my mind all made up, then this confusion. I really think there is some bad info out there. I am going with this set up unless you tell me different. Btw, after looking at your pics, I installed the roush side and rear splitters yesterday. Love the look and no more sandblasting my paint. With the front factory splitter these really complete the look and appear stock.

I'm trying to hold off till after I get back from Charlotte. It's getting harder though, may end up putting them on before I go.

I just can't see them all the sudden saying, "hey let's make the MPSS even wider but not really tell anyone." It's already a very successful and popular tire. What reason would there be to fatten it even more yet keep the numbers/specs the same??

Yep,,, I'm not seeing this either.

We all know the 315 is 335 in MPSS,,,, so if you were asleep when you bought these,, should have known they run wide.

The 295 (105Y) Ferrari is a 305 in other manufacturers tire size.

rancid

Established Member
Sorry if this was already answered, what is the largest tire size that will fit on the front/rear stock wheels without having to modify anything?

ThomasL

Established Member
Sorry if this was already answered, what is the largest tire size that will fit on the front/rear stock wheels without having to modify anything?

Depends on the brand you go with. Some run larger, some smaller. On stock rims, your limit with Michelin is likely 295 in the rear and 275 or 285 up front. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Tight Lines

Established Member
Yep,,, I'm not seeing this either.

We all know the 315 is 335 in MPSS,,,, so if you were asleep when you bought these,, should have known they run wide.

The 295 (105Y) Ferrari is a 305 in other manufacturers tire size.

Wide awake when purchasing my wheel setup.

So I guess instead of posting info that can be used by others I should have kept it to myself.

Give Paul @ Howey industries a call and see if he's asleep too or the TF guys.

Btw, there is so much more to saying a tire will fit no matter what brand and what size.

Last edited:

ThomasL

Established Member

So I guess instead of posting info that can be used by others I should have kept it to myself.

Btw, there is so much more to saying a tire will fit no matter what brand and what size.

Welp. If it is indeed the case, you wanna buy my 295s?? :beer:

Ky GT500

Established Member

Wasn't the intent of throwing you under a bus, never meant that. Just the fact that you seem to be the first of multiple people that are running the MPSS that have had a problem.

Just want more clarification as far as a date code to see if in fact Michelin has twice upped the size of these tires.

If you took offense , I apologize. :bowdown:

mullens

Established Member
Doesn't matter if 101y or 105y 295's fit perfectly on stock rims. I wouldn't go any bigger though.

Tight Lines

Established Member
Welp. If it is indeed the case, you wanna buy my 295s?? :beer:

Working with DT and Michelin now. They are going to replace with 295 but thanks for the offer.

Wasn't the intent of throwing you under a bus, never meant that. Just the fact that you seem to be the first of multiple people that are running the MPSS that have had a problem.

Just want more clarification as far as a date code to see if in fact Michelin has twice upped the size of these tires.

If you took offense , I apologize. :bowdown:

I am probably over sensitive as this has been going on for 2 weeks and is very frustrating. Just want my new set of wheels on my car. No worries. I really don't know what to think anymore with all the information being told to me or I experience. I just want others to know of the possible problem as I come to the forums to learn as well.

AMPGT500, I believe can attest to this as he was originally told MPSS 315's were going to work and is now being told to go to 295's. He will correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:

Ky GT500

Established Member
Working with DT and Michelin now. They are going to replace with 295 but thanks for the offer.

I am probably over sensitive as this has been going on for 2 weeks and is very frustrating. Just want my new set of wheels on my car. No worries. I really don't know what to think anymore with all the information being told to me or I experience. I just want others to know of the possible problem as I come to the forums to learn as well.

AMPGT500, I believe can attest to this as he was originally told MPSS 315's were going to work and is now being told to go to 295's. He will correct me if I am wrong.

It will all work out I'm sure. It's aggravating to be told something works, then to find out it doesn't. I use these forums as trial and error so hopefully I won't try something that won't work.

I've always been told the 295 is equivalent to a 305 in other brands. It's a shame that whoever told you it would work, in fact, was mistaken, at least for your wheel setup. I know BITDIFF is running 335 MPSS on widened Alcoa's but he did a bunch of rear wheel well surgery to make it work.

Good luck on your outcome!! :beer:

Sigus

Established Member
DT installed MPSS 295 35 105 rear and 275 40 105 front yesterday. Tires came direct from Michelin.

Fitment looks good haven't gotten the chance to drive it hard but the trip home from DT put a smile on my ugly mug.

I have the BMR - Van setup and need to move the rear-end over from the driver side a smidge.

Going for a spirited drive here in a bit. :rockon:

ThomasL

Established Member
So the tires should be here any minute. If they are too big, can i just return em to tire rack or no? Otherwise I'll have a nice set of MPSS available with 0 miles....

Also, anybody wanna go and measure exactly how wide their MPSS 295 (105y) are so i can compare?

Ky GT500

Established Member
So the tires should be here any minute. If they are too big, can i just return em to tire rack or no? Otherwise I'll have a nice set of MPSS available with 0 miles....

Also, anybody wanna go and measure exactly how wide their MPSS 295 (105y) are so i can compare?

I've talked with 09Troublemaker multiple times about this exact setup, if I remember correctly, the295/35/20(105Y) Ferrari, should be right at 12"

ThomasL

Established Member
I've talked with 09Troublemaker multiple times about this exact setup, if I remember correctly, the295/35/20(105Y) Ferrari, should be right at 12"

Cool. Thanks again. I'll measure em and let u guys know. Should be able to actually have em on tomorrow.....if they fit! :??:

fast4v

Established Member
Cool. Thanks again. I'll measure em and let u guys know. Should be able to actually have em on tomorrow.....if they fit! :??:

this is what the 305 measure across just for sample
If you include side bulge id say 12in

IMG_3556.jpg

Last edited:

Tight Lines

Established Member

That is what I measured to, maybe a hair more, I think I posted that earlier, which is a "standard" 305. Wish they all tire manufacturers would just make a tire to what the sidewall says.

this is what the 305 measure across just for sample
If you include side bulge id say 12in

What 305 tire is that? Almost looks like a MPSS.

ThomasL

Established Member
Got em in. Sure looks to be wider than expected. I'll post pics in a sec. Measured my 295 right at 12 inches.

Users who are viewing this thread