Show me your MPSS.....

ThomasL

Established Member
Not an exact science obviously. These things are right at 12 inches. Angles in some pics make it seem off but i had the tape measurer lined up pretty good. Again, these are MPSS 295/35/20 (105y) tires. Think they'll work on the stock wheel?

Photoon3-27-14at316PM_zps1a39d33d.jpg

Photoon3-27-14at320PM_zpsbc60de3f.jpg

fast4v

Established Member
That is what I measured to, maybe a hair more, I think I posted that earlier, which is a "standard" 305. Wish they all tire manufacturers would just make a tire to what the sidewall says.

What 305 tire is that? Almost looks like a MPSS.

It's a MPSS 305/30/20

Ky GT500

Established Member
Not an exact science obviously. These things are right at 12 inches. Angles in some pics make it seem off but i had the tape measurer lined up pretty good. Again, these are MPSS 295/35/20 (105y) tires. Think they'll work on the stock wheel?

That's the animal!!!! :dancenana::dancenana:

Those will work on stock rims.

ThomasL

Established Member
That's the animal!!!! :dancenana::dancenana:

Those will work on stock rims.

This is what i needed to hear. They'll be on tomorrow. You'll identify me in south FLA tomorrow because i'll be the 700+hp Shelby that is actually able to put all that power down (kinda) :beer: :rockon:

rancid

Established Member
This is what i needed to hear. They'll be on tomorrow. You'll identify me in south FLA tomorrow because i'll be the 700+hp Shelby that is actually able to put all that power down (kinda) :beer: :rockon:

Don't forget to snap some pics :)

Ky GT500

Established Member

Got these on yet???? Need pics!!

Looked at my GY's, they stick out past the rim 3/8", no bulge, but they are out. Guess that's the built in rim guard. I've not seen the MPSS in person mounted, but from pics, they don't look that much different than the GY's, maybe a little bulge. Anxious to get mine after last nights sideways in 3rd ride. :fm:

ThomasL

Established Member
Got these on yet???? Need pics!!

Looked at my GY's, they stick out past the rim 3/8", no bulge, but they are out. Guess that's the built in rim guard. I've not seen the MPSS in person mounted, but from pics, they don't look that much different than the GY's, maybe a little bulge. Anxious to get mine after last nights sideways in 3rd ride. :fm:

Should be done this afternoon. Some business to tend to this morning then off to the tire shop. And in case anyone was wondering, we have a 200mph car that can fit a whole extra set of 4 tires INSIDE the car... :rolling:

ThomasL

Established Member
:eek:

I didn't even try when I had my MPSS installed. I just had my wife follow along in my truck...

Wife is busy today. I put a 295 in the trunk, a 295 and 275 in the back seat and the other 275 in the passenger seat!

Ky GT500

Established Member
Should be done this afternoon. Some business to tend to this morning then off to the tire shop. And in case anyone was wondering, we have a 200mph car that can fit a whole extra set of 4 tires INSIDE the car... :rolling:

2 in trunk, 2 in back seat???

ThomasL

Established Member
Tires are going on as i type this. Big thanks to Kelly from BMR (BMR Tech on the forum) for recommending a great local shop, Weaver's here in Tampa. I'll post some pics and a review later on. Guys at the shop were drooling over the 295s. Also, car is in good company, as there was an 03/04 Cobra with 335s next to mine :eek:

stutter

eat me
Established Member
Wife is busy today. I put a 295 in the trunk, a 295 and 275 in the back seat and the other 275 in the passenger seat!

Haha thats what I did when I got mine put on!!! lol Discount Tire put all my tires in big bags as to not get anything dirty! Also I dont know how this whole "new MPSS" got brought up but there was a guy on FB that had that fitment problem but solved it by keeping his suspension loaded when he put them on (I told him lol) I bought my MPSS from Discount tire in Nov 13 and they had to be shipped directly from Michelin. I got 315/35R20 110Y put on a 20x11 Forgestar CF10. Fit was perfect and it barely rubs the carpet when I turn in a driveway. I have done hard launches and driving and no rubbing on fenders or nothing. I dont know if these are the "old" model now? lol

Mxfrench

Established Member
Well got mine today 1484 out the door with road hazard at Tires First in Columbus GA.
They let me pull the car in and stand there and make sure what was going on the whole time. They have a different feel the GY. They make far less noise then the GY.
Traction well is wet her so will have to check a different day. My GY were always at proper psi but still wore out the edges front and rear

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread