Simoniz Hot Wax in a Pressure Washer

testorossa1989

Established Member
Has anyone here attempted to use commercial car wash (Simoniz Hot Wax) at home in their pressure washer foam cannon. I'm curious if it will work, obviously bringing the product to temperature

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

testorossa1989

Established Member
Nope. And not to be a smart @ss, but I don't know why you would want to do that!
See when you say "not to be a smart @ss" doesn't automatically dismissed what you say next lol. It doesn't work like that.

To answer your question, the process is applied at car washes in big towns and my father was looking to do it for his truck. Personally I think it would gel up the filter but I'm seeing if anyone tried.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
See when you say "not to be a smart @ss" doesn't automatically dismissed what you say next lol. It doesn't work like that.

To answer your question, the process is applied at car washes in big towns and my father was looking to do it for his truck. Personally I think it would gel up the filter but I'm seeing if anyone tried.

LOL, well I should have followed that up with there are much, much better products out there to use than that. I understand the car washes use this type of product, however, that does not make it the best, or even for that matter, a good choice for your dad's truck.

If he is looking for something easy/fast to apply, and wants much greater protection and longevity than any commercial car wash product, I would recommend:

Car Pro Hydro 2.

Adams Guard and Gloss

GYEON Wetcoat.

IMO he would have much greater results with these type products.

They are first applied to the vehicle a panel at a time and then he can blast it off with his pressure washer and enjoy great looks, and lasting protection with the ease of use these products offer.

M91196

Established Member
LOL, well I should have followed that up with there are much, much better products out there to use than that. I understand the car washes use this type of product, however, that does not make it the best, or even for that matter, a good choice for your dad's truck.

If he is looking for something easy/fast to apply, and wants much greater protection and longevity than any commercial car wash product, I would recommend:

Car Pro Hydro 2.

Adams Guard and Gloss

GYEON Wetcoat.

IMO he would have much greater results with these type products.

They are first applied to the vehicle a panel at a time and then he can blast it off with his pressure washer and enjoy great looks, and lasting protection with the ease of use these products offer.

Slight derail.

Nasty,
I love G & G but always used as a wipe and buff, are you having good results spraying and hosing off like a touch less?

I've never tried the touch less products, do you lean on them often?

Thanks!

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Slight derail.

Nasty,
I love G & G but always used as a wipe and buff, are you having good results spraying and hosing off like a touch less?

I've never tried the touch less products, do you lean on them often?

Thanks!

Sorry, G&G is a wash, apply, wipe and buff.

Yes, the products I mentioned and I should add McKee's37 Hydro Blue, are excellent and really are so easy to use, have crazy hydrophobic properties, and offer a few months of protection.

Wheels are one of my favorite to use these products on...so easy to use!

M91196

Established Member
Sorry, G&G is a wash, apply, wipe and buff.

Yes, the products I mentioned and I should add McKee's37 Hydro Blue, are excellent and really are so easy to use, have crazy hydrophobic properties, and offer a few months of protection.

Wheels are one of my favorite to use these products on...so easy to use!

Amazon is sending me 500ml of hydro 2, thanks for the feedback!

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
^^^Awesome. Make sure surface is cool. Don't use in the sun. Don't let it dry. Follow directions for dilution ratios---too much and it can streak and you will have to polish it off.

Do a panel at a time in sections. Roof first, then work down.

You will fall in love when done...and be amazed while watching what happens when you hit it with your hose/psi washer/etc!

Users who are viewing this thread