Snow action?

SoCalShark

Established Member
i was curious to see if any Of the RS folks have swapped on some winter tires and gone out for some awd snow drifting? Photos are good. Fun stuff in the awd world. I sneak my wife's Audi out every now and than. Winter tires + awd = lots of fun all year round.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I have snow tires on my car. It will let you get plenty sideways in drift mode and it's very controllable. The only thing is it tacks on speed at an uncomfortable pace sometimes. This AWD system works really well.

I don't have any pics though, I'm sorry.

BrianH87

Established Member
I wish I would have taken some shots a few weeks back with my RS in the snow. With the OEM accessory winter wheel and tire package, the car is awesome in the snow. The major drawback is the ride height and the under tray that is pretty fragile.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I wish I would have taken some shots a few weeks back with my RS in the snow. With the OEM accessory winter wheel and tire package, the car is awesome in the snow. The major drawback is the ride height and the under tray that is pretty fragile.
Are you on the RS forum? There is a Canadian guy who sells aluminum trays for $150, shipping to NorCal was only $117.

That's a killer deal.

BrianH87

Established Member
Are you on the RS forum? There is a Canadian guy who sells aluminum trays for $150, shipping to NorCal was only $117.

That's a killer deal.

I am on the RS forum. I did see that one guy was making them. I figure I will probably go that route whenever mine is destroyed. Surprisingly it has held up fine so far. But the snow activity here has been minimal this year.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I am on the RS forum. I did see that one guy was making them. I figure I will probably go that route whenever mine is destroyed. Surprisingly it has held up fine so far. But the snow activity here has been minimal this year.
Mine has held up well, as well. I was a bit concerned the other week, we went for a sprint up to Copper Mountain and then to Vail. It was snowing surprisingly hard up there and some of the on ramps had a 3-4" of snow on there but the under tray looks sublime. I haven't been driving in mushy stuff though, which is where I think the problems come from.

Users who are viewing this thread