So what did you order on your 2013 or 2014?

UOP Shadow

Established Member
Just remember that these cars are delivered DETUNED to allow for proper break-in.

The real fun starts once the de-tuned period is over. Then, WATCH OUT! These cars are really beasts.

mikeodo

Established Member
Just remember that these cars are delivered DETUNED to allow for proper break-in.

The real fun starts once the de-tuned period is over. Then, WATCH OUT! These cars are really beasts.

How long are they detuned? How and when do we know we are at the full potential? Is this stuff in the manual?:shrug:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
5 sustained miles or 50 key starts the boost is limited. It is very cool to experience if you have the chance.
I also feel mine has gotten stronger with some miles, at 1850 today, ran 11.94 with 600 :)
-J

UOP Shadow

Established Member
4162t_1.jpg

Blue striped interior
Shaker Pro
Over-priced cover

A call to SVT said that this was the only 2013 vert built with this color / options package. I need a way to verify this. The cert we can order from SVT doesn't nail it down to enough detail to verify that this car is 1 of 1 built for 2013.

Does anybody know how we can get documentation verifying that our car is a 1 of 1 build?

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
A call to SVT said that this was the only 2013 vert built with this color / options package. I need a way to verify this. The cert we can order from SVT doesn't nail it down to enough detail to verify that this car is 1 of 1 built for 2013.

Does anybody know how we can get documentation verifying that our car is a 1 of 1 build?[/QUOTE]
You can try:
Shop Ford Gear
Deluxe Build Sheet, item # 39416, $ 46.00........make sure they put the correct transmission on your sheet, some sheets have ( T56 )

kiteboarder22

Established Member
I think they are the same. Are you the last person that ordered a 14? Any one else order later?

I ordered mine back in June. I called SVT yesterday and my car is complete! Now I have to wait until the delivery. I swear this is the hardest wait :p Why must it take 2 weeks to deliver it???? :shrug:

UOP Shadow

Established Member
I ordered mine back in June. I called SVT yesterday and my car is complete! Now I have to wait until the delivery. I swear this is the hardest wait :p Why must it take 2 weeks to deliver it???? :shrug:
I know your pain. The last couple weeks are the hardest. We ordered ours last year in June and didn't get it until the middle of October. Send PMs to Deysha at the mustang source dot com. She will be very helpful in letting you know approximately when you could expect delivery. She won't be able to get you the exact date but is much more helpful than any other Ford employee.

She was able to let us know that the car had been loaded on the transport truck when the dealership was not able to get ANY delivery information.

Good luck! You're going to LOVE the car when you get it.

Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member

I finally received mine and it took nearly 6 weeks to get to me.:dw:

Tom

mikeodo

Established Member

I feel your pain. Mine is is also produced. That was the 7th of Oct. SVT told me a new delivery date when I called yesterday. It is between the 21st and the 28th. So it should be at the dealer when I come back from Vacation. Planning on driving the car to San Diego On Thanksgiving . I will be looking to see if any car shows that weekend in San Diego. :beer: It helps me to look at this forum about every ten minutes to help calm me down. Good luck with your wait.

subcpo

Established Member
Just bought my 2014 Gt 500, All black, Track, Shaker Pro, Stripe Delete, Navi. Traded my 2010 in.

Simply amazing.

subcpo

Established Member
Got the car cover....What's the other box for? Long, brown, has 3 pieces in it? I didnt look, I got her home covered her up for a long winter's nap.

reason4treason

Established Member
just got my VIN

i ordered August 10th and my VIN just became available yesterday 10/17 with both my dealer and Deysha sending it to me this morning.

not many people still waiting but of course if you are one of them, you just want your car. here's hoping you get what you ordered before the curtain comes down.

i've got a black/black vert with Recaros as the only option

Last edited:

reason4treason

Established Member
When is the production for 2014 ending,any one know?

UAW Local 3000 at the Flat Rock plant said that builds for 2014 Mustang will continue until after the new year into January. don't know if that includes GT500 or not. give him a call and ask if you're interested: 734 782 7104. he told me to just call back if I have any more questions.

Colleton

Established Member
You probably shouldn't have posted that number. They aren't going to know anything regarding what flavor of Mustangs are going to be be produced.

As for ordering, my car is at the rail terminus and shows as being available for delivery by the trucking company. The scheduled delivery date is the 28th but my dealership is trying to get it here sooner. We'll see. It's only ~ 5 hours away by truck. Hurry uuuuuuuuuuppppppppp.

Last edited:

reason4treason

Established Member
You probably shouldn't have posted that number. They aren't going to know anything regarding what flavor of Mustangs are going to be be produced.

As for ordering, my car is at the rail terminus and shows as being available for delivery by the trucking company. The scheduled delivery date is the 28th but my dealership is trying to get it here sooner. We'll see. It's only ~ 5 hours away by truck. Hurry uuuuuuuuuuppppppppp.

but how do you know what they know and don't know? even if they don't know the specifics of GT500 end date, they may still know Mustang end date which is a smidge of a clue in the direction of when 2015 will begin...and he did say MY2015 Mustang first run will begin mid- to end-of Feb...as well as saying that '14 Mustang builds will continue after the new year into Jan. whether that's true, or whether anything anyone says on a forum is true is debatable but after the events come to pass, looking back, somewhere in the haystack somebody usually did present something that was correct. add to that the fact that Ford typically changes their mind several times anyway, just like they did with end dates for the '13 GT500. how much credibility people assign to any source of info is their own choice. posting that one number is harmless considering that there was a 1/2 page of them just for the Flat Rock plant alone and it took about 5 seconds to find that listing. if it don't apply, let it fly.

I do hope you get your car quickly though. I know from personal experience that waiting, especially without knowing 100% what will happen is frustrating. at least you don't have to worry about snow where you live. a delay for some people means they can't enjoy theirs until next spring. you'll have lots of months of pleasure by then. :beer:

reason4treason

Established Member
Got this from Deysha yesterday:

I checked on your order and it has scheduled to build. It has an ETA of 11/29/13 to your dealer, which is subject to change. Here’s the link to your window sticker, which should be up around the 30th (if the date doesn’t slightly change): http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webv.... Once the window sticker shows up, your vehicle should build roughly a week after. BTW, the build date (blend) will be at the top of the window sticker. Have a great day!

Deysha

Bill H...

Established Member
New 2014 Owner

Hi Everyone, new '14 GT500 coupe owner here. Purchased in Purcell, OK 12/19/2013. Nice Xmas present, huh? Tripple black. All options except glass roof. Traded in my 12K mile '07 torch red GT500. It's sitting on the showroom floor of Patriot Ford for those of you looking for an absolutely excellent condition '07 Shelby. Even with all the great features of the '14, i still miss the '07.:( Guess because it's an early car and I worked had to get it.

Just wanted to say "Hi" :banana:

Hudmo
OKC,OK

Users who are viewing this thread