So you want Brembo brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric L

Established Member
sorry for the late reply, i gone get notifications anymore when someone post, and I'm studying for the bar exam right now so i rarely check the site.

vans5oh

So just to let you guys know the 4 piston calipers are now back in stock at Autozone and they show to be in stock at O'Reilleys and Rock Auto for those of you who are still interested in doing this. Just ordered some from Autozone and got them a few days later, and they actually came with the cross over tube. They are in awesome condition and actually have a stamp on the box that says "New Item." Not sure if this means its actually a new caliper or if that stamp was just left there from something else, but no scratches or dings on them at all.

bceeezy

Established Member
So I happened to be searching online on Autozone and was able to find a set -- Duraslast on the box, one with part number D5128 and one with D5129. Only thing is, when I opened it up and inspected the calipers, they look exactly like what the Brembos would be, but there is no raised lettering of FoMoCo or Brembo anywhere on either caliper. Anybody have any input on this and if I got the right ones?

vans5oh

My calipers are the same way. I bolted one up and it fits perfectly. I don't have the new rotors or pads yet so I couldn't fit those on but the calipers fit.

JDos1

Established Member
So I happened to be searching online on Autozone and was able to find a set -- Duraslast on the box, one with part number D5128 and one with D5129. Only thing is, when I opened it up and inspected the calipers, they look exactly like what the Brembos would be, but there is no raised lettering of FoMoCo or Brembo anywhere on either caliper. Anybody have any input on this and if I got the right ones?

They're probably correct. May be reman'd but originally used on a different vehicle with the same specs. Keep in mind tons of vehicles used this style caliper, likely with the same specs and dimensions.

bceeezy

Established Member
They're probably correct. May be reman'd but originally used on a different vehicle with the same specs. Keep in mind tons of vehicles used this style caliper, likely with the same specs and dimensions.
Ah gotcha, thanks!! Do you think they're still actual brembos?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

vans5oh

Can't really speak if they are "real" Brembos or not. I'm sure they are made the same way and probably perform the same. The quality of them is outstanding so they might be. Apparently the front half of the calipers on our cars are the same as the Camaro, Lancer Evo, and Cadillac CTS-V. The only difference is the back half where they bolt up. So I'm sure they are made from the same mold that Brembo makes theirs just not labeled as such. Hopefully someone a little more knowledgeable could correct me if I'm wrong, but to be honest I'm not too concerned and already have the calipers painted and ready to go on. Just waiting on the rest of the hardware.

bceeezy

Established Member
Can't really speak if they are "real" Brembos or not. I'm sure they are made the same way and probably perform the same. The quality of them is outstanding so they might be. Apparently the front half of the calipers on our cars are the same as the Camaro, Lancer Evo, and Cadillac CTS-V. The only difference is the back half where they bolt up. So I'm sure they are made from the same mold that Brembo makes theirs just not labeled as such. Hopefully someone a little more knowledgeable could correct me if I'm wrong, but to be honest I'm not too concerned and already have the calipers painted and ready to go on. Just waiting on the rest of the hardware.

Thanks for the input! Guess I'll just keep them. Now to decide whether or not to put the Brembo stenciling on lol.

vans5oh

Thanks for the input! Guess I'll just keep them. Now to decide whether or not to put the Brembo stenciling on lol.

I painted mine red with the G2 paint system, put some high temp brembo stickers on them I got off of ebay, and cleared them with VHT caliper paint. I'm happy with how they turned out. I'll get some pics up when they are on the car.

bceeezy

Established Member
I painted mine red with the G2 paint system, put some high temp brembo stickers on them I got off of ebay, and cleared them with VHT caliper paint. I'm happy with how they turned out. I'll get some pics up when they are on the car.

Definitely want to see the finished product. Mine will probably be a while too while I piece together the whole system. I was thinking of going with the burnt copper look that I saw somewhere on here since I think it'll look killer with white.

JDos1

Established Member

Yes. I was in contact with Cardone about a month ago and they assured me the calipers they use in both their "upgrade" kit and replacement units are Brembos.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I got a set of these from autozone(shipped from cardone) and on one the pistons themselves are dark greyish, the other is a lighter almost silver color. Is that normal? Just rebuilt with different ones? Mine dont say brembo or fomco anywhere on them.

One didnt come with the hardware either. Can I get just the hardware at the parts store?

bceeezy

Established Member
I got a set of these from autozone(shipped from cardone) and on one the pistons themselves are dark greyish, the other is a lighter almost silver color. Is that normal? Just rebuilt with different ones? Mine dont say brembo or fomco anywhere on them.

One didnt come with the hardware either. Can I get just the hardware at the parts store?
I decided to do a test and ordered from advanced auto as well. One of the calipers were as you described, different gray color tones. Should be fine though. I returned them and just gonna get them from autozone since they're cheaper.

I think you need to purchase the lines, pads, and dust shields or brake cooling ducts separately. Both of the places I ordered from had the rest of the loose hardware though.

JDos1

Established Member
Amazon has the hardware, as does any auto parts store.
ACDelco 18K1971X is one of the many part numbers that can be used.
I found the cheapest place for Russell lines and the pad hardware is Amazon.com, especially if you have prime. Dust shields are not a requirement, the base brake shields will work but are just slightly small. I coughed up the extra $35 and ordered a set from Tasca when I did my install.

cwlanders

Established Member
I recently purchased these as well and mine don't have FoMoCo or Brembo on them like the OP's. They did come with crossover tubes and the hardware though which was nice. I'm looking forward to getting these installed.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Same here. Looks just like oem brembos minus the fomoco. Included crossover tubes and hardware except for 1 brake pad pin. With autozone discount I got mine for $215 shipped and a $10 gift card.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
I recently purchased these as well and mine don't have FoMoCo or Brembo on them like the OP's. They did come with crossover tubes and the hardware though which was nice. I'm looking forward to getting these installed.
Mine didn't come with the Brembo logo. I bought the decal on eBay for $4.

Colubra

Carburized
Established Member
Just an FYI for those looking to buy these. They were on sale at autozone for $79 + $30 core. After 20% off my total shipped was $198. I received them in 3 days. Like an idiot I went and purchased cross over tubes from the link posted earlier before checking. To my surprise they already came with cross over tubes attached and two bags of hardware.

They definitely did not feel concerned about tossing them in a box without protection. One box came with a big hole in it. It doesn't seem like there was any real damage to the calipers beside some blemishes. Overall I am excited to get some pads and rotors to put these on! Thanks stang99x for the detailed post.
RemanBrembo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread