Some 5-Lug questions. (balljoint spacer?)

matstang

Choking YO MOMMA
Established Member
QUICKV8 I have done a few conversions and I really like the machined spacer because I usually use the expensive grade 8 gold washer stacked 3 high on each spindle. Did you machine them out or a machine shop etc.
Let me know if you have any questions doing your conversion I will be glad to help you out if I can! I love the 5 lug conversions on Fox bodies. I think FORD should have done 5 lug back in the 80s and never changed over to 4 lug to save money on 4 studs per car but anyways just my 2 cents

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
if anyone is wondering

i finished the front. it was easy.

the back is easy but i got 2 bolts stuck, not sure what u call it but it ain the control arms. theres 2 hinge-like things that hole the axle to the car. i got the bolts out almost but the bolts shifted down and now are stuck in the hole. basically gotta jack the car up evenly and just keep messing with it.. after that, the new axle will go right in.

i know where to get the front adapter.. do i need one or 2?

and can someone link me to the adapters needed for the rear?

heres my info:
front spindles/brakes/rotors from a 95gt
complete rear axle from a 95gt with the brakes/rotors still attached.

all on a a 87 GT 5.0 5speed. the donor car was a 95gt 5.0 5speed. so will the gear ratio be fine?

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
i got everything lined up, bolted the shocks up. the control arms are lined up and the other arm that goes from the car to the axle. what is that called?

i messed all 4 bolts up when taking them out though. some of the threads on them are flat almost. what do i need to search for when looking on ebay? control arm bolt? whats the name of the other bolt? not sure on the sizes but its 2 5"? bolts then 2 4.5"? bolts. both goto the arms that goto the axle..

or would a place like Ace Hardware have these bolts? is there a certain style to get? heat treated?

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
i think these are them. can i just buy them at Ace? what kind though?

!B+C+zWwEWk~$(KGrHqEOKkEEzJh9YH63BM-gN9Dv7w~~_12.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread