Some Exciting News! Time To Make This a Career!

SVTCobra60

Established Member
^^^IDK if I agree with you man, there is nothing saying he is going to go around and buy every single car that comes on svtp for a good price. Also you can't blame him for visiting the site more than others, there is nothing saying that in the time he's not on a awesome deal can come around allowing for anyone else to get a shot at it! It's not like Joe is made of money, there certainly won't be funds available for EVERY car on here that is a good deal. SVTP is definitely still the place to find great cars and great deals. Dealing with Joe is going to be for a specific crowd of people. There is still room for those who simply just want a car as it is, they have all the right to search around and have the opportunity to get a great deal on here!

2FNFAST

Shinin' and Whinin'
Established Member
BlownVert originaly posted that he didn't want anything over 60k miles but the CO had 77k. So the perception is he scooped it because he self admittingly is on the web page 24/7 and the deal was too good to pass up even though it has more mileage than he originaly stated he wanted.

He posted under 60k because lets face it, they are the cars people are looking for. The terminator market is not a KBB market, just because its a certain mileage and year car does not mean it fits in a certain price category. In the market of odds, majority of people dont want to pay the same price for a run of the mill, average looking 10 year old car. I wouldn't even open a thread on a higher mileage redfire, zinc yellow, mineral gray, or probably even white cobra for 16.5 listed, if i were in the market for a cobra.

Being's it was comp orange, it just made mileage one of the last things i'd be worried about when scouring the for sale adds. The mechanical condition, and appearance would be the only thing to look at beings its a rarer more desirable car. You have to buy what people are looking for. If that same cobra was Mystic or Sonic Blue, in the same condition, it probably would have sold almost as quick as that CO did. Had it been a redfire or zinc yellow, it probably would have been on here a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

HouseOfPower

You guys are starting to crack me up with this hyper sensitivity. I thought the muscle car crowd was supposed to be far more alpha than this!! Lol Look guys, I bought a car.. One car.... A singular car. To my recollection there are 20+ FS ads per page, multiplied by dozens of pages. So by my calculations I am being scolded for buying .5% of the available cars in the svtp market. Seems like a decent enough reason to conclude that I'm taking over this site and then of course the world. For real guys I'm not online anymore than anyone else. I have a smartphone just like you. By the time I even saw the orange car it was 6 ads down the list. Fact is I did something most people are not equipped to do. I saw something I wanted and instead of playing 20 questions with the seller I actually committed to buying it on the spot. I should be ashamed lol

BearsFTW18

Established Member
You guys are starting to crack me up with this hyper sensitivity. I thought the muscle car crowd was supposed to be far more alpha than this!! Lol Look guys, I bought a car.. One car.... A singular car. To my recollection there are 20+ FS ads per page, multiplied by dozens of pages. So by my calculations I am being scolded for buying .5% of the available cars in the svtp market. Seems like a decent enough reason to conclude that I'm taking over this site and then of course the world. For real guys I'm not online anymore than anyone else. I have a smartphone just like you. By the time I even saw the orange car it was 6 ads down the list. Fact is I did something most people are not equipped to do. I saw something I wanted and instead of playing 20 questions with the seller I actually committed to buying it on the spot. I should be ashamed lol

some people are just butthurt because it's a CO orange for a great price with good mods, thats all. And they got beat to the punch. Get the hell over it people. Cause we all know that when he fixes the car up even more and turns around and sells it for what I'm estimating will be no more than $20,500 everyones gonna be like "wow man! great job with the car! GLWS!"

BearsFTW18

Established Member
I dont know why some people are such negative nancies, but Joe is a kickass guy, and the work he does is top shelf. Instead of bitching about him buying cars that you probably werent going to anyway, go search some of the builds he's done, and the deals he's givin people on here in the past, not just on cars, but parts, etc.

If you're actually in the market for something, hit him up and tell him what you're looking for and what you can afford and im sure he'd be more than happy to help you out if he can.

Just cuz you're jealous that you can't work on badass machines all day, don't be a hater.

this. there's been only a couple occasions where Joe and I didnt agree about the price on something, but besides that the guy gives out great deals and puts out great cars and people who actually buy things from him never have anything bad to stay. The world is full of haters and butthurt people.

HouseOfPower

Hey I can give the car back if you guys prefer I don't fix it, build it, throw some TF's on it, tune it then sell it for way less than you'd have in it if you did the same thing.... Your call. :beer:

boatcop1

Established Member
^^^IDK if I agree with you man, there is nothing saying he is going to go around and buy every single car that comes on svtp for a good price. Also you can't blame him for visiting the site more than others, there is nothing saying that in the time he's not on a awesome deal can come around allowing for anyone else to get a shot at it! It's not like Joe is made of money, there certainly won't be funds available for EVERY car on here that is a good deal. SVTP is definitely still the place to find great cars and great deals. Dealing with Joe is going to be for a specific crowd of people. There is still room for those who simply just want a car as it is, they have all the right to search around and have the opportunity to get a great deal on here!

I agree, I never claimed he would. First off let me clearify something, I dont know Joe and I have absolutley nothing against him or what he's trying to do. I do not want to be represented as a "hater" or "dick". I'm not even in the market for a Cobra right now and if I find myself in the market in the future I probably will go through Joe based on his reputation alone!

With that being said, all I am doing is interjecting the objective stance that what he's doing on here could be and more than likely will be (by a few) represented as "corporate" or pushing out the little guy. (I use the term corporate extremely loosly, so please dont argue with the terminology i use. I dont think many of can go out and buy 2-3 Corba's in a day!) To me and other's we look at SVTP as a community for us members to share info and help each other out. As I know Joe has helped out many on here, becomming a vendor and buying cars out from "OUR" market to build and resell to others that are not part of the SVTP community doesn't really help us.

Like I said before, I want to see the website up because without substantiating the claim of a business it will appear to others he's just comming in to buy out the good deals occasionaly. Meanwhile that guy who has been saving his coin for a long time in hopes to buy his first cobra on his favorite website will be in for a rude awakening when he comes and theirs nothing in the market section but high milage verts and overpriced SB's!

Again, I dont put this on Joe, Good on him! And if I decide to persue another Cobra I may go through him or High End.

I guess in the end I put it more on SVTP. I look at our market more for us, I dont look at like AT or CL. We are members here and in my opinion Vendors should not be buying our members cars to re-sell. The other side of that coin is that "our" members "are" able to sell their cars which is a good thing too.

He posted under 60k because lets face it, they are the cars people are looking for. The terminator market is not a KBB market, just because its a certain mileage and year car does not mean it fits in a certain price category. In the market of odds, majority of people dont want to pay the same price for a run of the mill, average looking 10 year old car. I wouldn't even open a thread on a higher mileage redfire, zinc yellow, mineral gray, or probably even white cobra for 16.5 listed, if i were in the market for a cobra.

Being's it was comp orange, it just made mileage one of the last things i'd be worried about when scouring the for sale adds. The mechanical condition, and appearance would be the only thing to look at beings its a rarer more desirable car. You have to buy what people are looking for. If that same cobra was Mystic or Sonic Blue, in the same condition, it probably would have sold almost as quick as that CO did. Had it been a redfire or zinc yellow, it probably would have been on here a while.

Yes I understand all that. But from a business perspective because that's what he is now, When you say something or commit to something you do it. I dont think your giving him enough credit. He is trying to run a busines. You and I can overlook certain things like mileage if we are in the market for a car. But when you make a statement as a business you HAVE TO stand by it. At least to remain credible in the long run. Little things like that add up and help determine your longevity in business. And you most certainly wouldn't post "sold to me" with some silly smily after it. Just didn't seem profesional imo.

HouseOfPower

^^^ actually sir just to clarify I have sold early every one of the projects I've had on this very site. Furthermore I've brought additional cars that I bought outside of svtp and put them in the hands of svtp members. The silver whipple car would be a prime example. I bought that car from another source outside of svtp and sold it to a member on this site. I realize your perspective but please be careful as it's not totally correct. Remember before I was a vendor, before I was opening a shop I was a member...just a regular member. It is primarily because of svtp that I'm blessed enough to have this opportunity. I'm focusing my efforts on giving back to the community whenever possible. Lastly I really don't understand how replying that the car was sold to me ...with a smiley, is in the least bit unprofessional. That's being awfully nitpicky. I'm not attempting to build an empire whatsoever. I'm remaining very humble and grateful for this wonderful chance I have. I sincerely hope to be a safe haven for members of this site to used their hard earned money on something they can enjoy and more importantly depend on. Especially in a market saturated with liars and thieves

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
I agree, I never claimed he would. First off let me clearify something, I dont know Joe and I have absolutley nothing against him or what he's trying to do. I do not want to be represented as a "hater" or "dick". I'm not even in the market for a Cobra right now and if I find myself in the market in the future I probably will go through Joe based on his reputation alone!

With that being said, all I am doing is interjecting the objective stance that what he's doing on here could be and more than likely will be (by a few) represented as "corporate" or pushing out the little guy. (I use the term corporate extremely loosly, so please dont argue with the terminology i use. I dont think many of can go out and buy 2-3 Corba's in a day!) To me and other's we look at SVTP as a community for us members to share info and help each other out. As I know Joe has helped out many on here, becomming a vendor and buying cars out from "OUR" market to build and resell to others that are not part of the SVTP community doesn't really help us.

FYI High End has bought cars off this forum for resale are not helping the community either?

Like I said before, I want to see the website up because without substantiating the claim of a business it will appear to others he's just comming in to buy out the good deals occasionaly. Meanwhile that guy who has been saving his coin for a long time in hopes to buy his first cobra on his favorite website will be in for a rude awakening when he comes and theirs nothing in the market section but high milage verts and overpriced SB's!

Again, I dont put this on Joe, Good on him! And if I decide to persue another Cobra I may go through him or High End.

I guess in the end I put it more on SVTP. I look at our market more for us, I dont look at like AT or CL. We are members here and in my opinion Vendors should not be buying our members cars to re-sell. The other side of that coin is that "our" members "are" able to sell their cars which is a good thing too.

Yes I understand all that. But from a business perspective because that's what he is now, When you say something or commit to something you do it. I dont think your giving him enough credit. He is trying to run a busines. You and I can overlook certain things like mileage if we are in the market for a car. But when you make a statement as a business you HAVE TO stand by it. At least to remain credible in the long run. Little things like that add up and help determine your longevity in business. And you most certainly wouldn't post "sold to me" with some silly smily after it. Just didn't seem profesional imo.

All I see in your post is JEALOUSY. A real buyer that has his coin in order when a car is posted should have no problem buying it. Did you ever think that a car he buys instant helps the person selling it because they needed money right then instead of the typical SVTP -tell me about your car I will think about it for a few weeks take 60 pictures of the car for me yet I still have to try to get a loan or ask permission etc???? I hate red fire and yellow I will state that all day long but if one pops up with 1200rwhp I can over look the color. Cant one change there mind?

The most retarded thing you said though is cars he buys then offers back up for sell does not help us? How does it not when he offers another car up for sale where ever he bought it from? If he bought up all the cars and never sold them then your point would be relevant, but its not.... Stop hating on a guy who stated IF I SEE A CAR I LIKE AT THE RIGHT PRICE I WILL BUY IT. and HE DID BUY ONE.

FYI High End has bought cars off here to resell do they get a pass?

Last edited:

BearsFTW18

Established Member
All I see in your post is JEALOUSY. A real buyer that has his coin in order when a car is posted should have no problem buying it. Did you ever think that a car he buys instant helps the person selling it because they needed money right then instead of the typical SVTP -tell me about your car I will think about it for a few weeks take 60 pictures of the car for me yet I still have to try to get a loan or ask permission etc???? I hate red fire and yellow I will state that all day long but if one pops up with 1200rwhp I can over look the color. Cant one change there mind?

The most retarded thing you said though is cars he buys then offers back up for sell does not help us? How does it not when he offers another car up for sale where ever he bought it from? If he bought up all the cars and never sold them then your point would be relevant, but its not.... Stop hating on a guy who stated IF I SEE A CAR I LIKE AT THE RIGHT PRICE I WILL BUY IT. and HE DID BUY ONE.

This exactly. He didn't play games, beat around the bush, and send 30 messages asking about the car. He had it in hand and grabbed it. Nothing wrong with that. He'd gonna do some things and sell it on here again. And the things he'll do to it are probably things that 90% of buyers would have done to it anyway.

HouseOfPower

This exactly. He didn't play games, beat around the bush, and send 30 messages asking about the car. He had it in hand and grabbed it. Nothing wrong with that. He'd gonna do some things and sell it on here again. And the things he'll do to it are probably things that 90% of buyers would have done to it anyway.

Please don't overlook the fact that the prices I get on parts and service is typically dramatically less than a typical off the street order. With that being said I can make these cars exactly what people really want them to be, sell it reasonably cheap and still make a little profit on my end. Allow me if you would to make an example. Let's say I'm adding cams and TF wheels and then tuning the car:

Purchase price of car: $16,500
Purchase price for TF's/tires: $800 less than members
Purchase price for tune: free ($500 less than members)
Purchase price for cam parts/labor: $900 (at least $1000 cheaper than members)
So basically I'd have $20,700 in the car. I can sell the car for $21,700 which for a whippled comp orange, TF equipped, cammed coupe would be a great deal. I make $1000 and still sell the car for less than it would cost a member to pay for the work and buy the parts. Not to mention saving them the time and hassle of sourcing it all.

Last edited:

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Please don't overlook the fact that the prices I get on parts and service is typically dramatically less than a typical off the street order. With that being said I can make these cars exactly what people really want them to be, sell it reasonably cheap and still make a little profit on my end. Allow me if you would to make an example. Let's say I'm adding cams and TF wheels and then tuning the car:

So basically I'd have $20,700 in the car. I can sell the car for $21,700 which for a whippled comp orange, TF equipped, cammed coupe would be a great deal. I make $1000 and still sell the car for less than it would cost a member to pay for the work and buy the parts. Not to mention saving them the time and hassle of sourcing it all.

Don't short change yourself if the car is as clean as it looks and u do those few things to it you can get $22,500 for a CO with out blinking an eye.:beer:

BearsFTW18

Established Member

Exactly! Id pay $21,700 for that no problem.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
^^^I agree totally with the past 3 posts. Joe is offering MORE to our community not taking away. And Boatcop I have nothing against you at all man and your not a "dick" lol, so don't take anything offensively I simply think your just over thinking things a bit. Joe is providing the community with an opportunity to own a car that they may have never been able to afford on their own. Big deal if he is buying a couple "good deals" on here once in awhile. When he turns it around it will be an even better deal. Also if your looking at it from a business perspective, which is also what I'm doing, you'll see that working with joe is an investment in aspects. As he stated, he can get things for better prices then 99% of the community here. Which allows him to then offer these cars to us for a significant amount cheaper than we would need to pay. As he stated above, your paying 21,700 dfor a car that is worth a couple thousand more, to me, that's a smart business choice.

rsorrow641

Established Member
Wow.:bs:...Never heard of people complaining about a guy buying a car that they had nothing to do with. Just because he said that he wanted nothing over 60k doesn't mean that he can't buy a car with more miles. It kinda reminds me of my 5yr old daughter and 2yr old son arguing who had the tv remote first so they can watch the show they want.:cryying: Bottomline is that cars with certain options I would go over my mileage limit which is much lower than 60k. But a car being orange (even though it's rare) is not one of those options to make me overlook the mileage. The reason that people want the CO is that its worth more money. The guys who are mad about not getting it let me ask you a question. If you bought it and then came across another car that you wanted more would you sell it for $16,500????:nonono: I serious doubt you would. You would post it for a higher price and make a profit which is no different than Blownvert. It's not like his WTB ad was a binding contract or a "pinky swear" or something. Who cares what he does with the car. It's his now. He can mod it, flip it or even drive it off a cliff.....The seller posted a price and got that price (which is rare). So isn't the point of the for-sale section to sell cars???? A guy had a car. He posted it. He sold it.....:dancenana: He apparently sold it cheaper than a lot of people believed it was worth. He stated that found another car he wanted and wanted to sell his cobra fast. Well, fast requires a REALLY good price because if it had been posted for 25k I'm thinking that it would still be for-sale. He didn't want the tire-kicking game to get a few more thousand for it. This is kind of an example of why we are having issues in our country now. Everyone wants everything to be fair or be given to them. I guess we should make a list of guys that get to look at the ads 1st before anyone else. But wait? How do we decide who would see the ad 1st of those guys:shrug: Wake up people! It's a free country!!! I guess Blownvert should be penalized because he has money in his pocket for a car. He just happened to be the 1st guy to send the guy a message saying that he would buy it. I'm in the market for another cobra and actually opened the ad right after it was posted and might could have bought it before Blownvert but I didn't want a 77k mile car no matter what the color was. Geez:sleeping:

Last edited:

boatcop1

Established Member
^^^ actually sir just to clarify I have sold early every one of the projects I've had on this very site. Furthermore I've brought additional cars that I bought outside of svtp and put them in the hands of svtp members. The silver whipple car would be a prime example. I bought that car from another source outside of svtp and sold it to a member on this site. I realize your perspective but please be careful as it's not totally correct. Remember before I was a vendor, before I was opening a shop I was a member...just a regular member. It is primarily because of svtp that I'm blessed enough to have this opportunity. I'm focusing my efforts on giving back to the community whenever possible. Lastly I really don't understand how replying that the car was sold to me ...with a smiley, is in the least bit unprofessional. That's being awfully nitpicky. I'm not attempting to build an empire whatsoever. I'm remaining very humble and grateful for this wonderful chance I have. I sincerely hope to be a safe haven for members of this site to used their hard earned money on something they can enjoy and more importantly depend on. Especially in a market saturated with liars and thieves

Fair enough, As we all are, I am entitled to my opinion. And my initial opinion is based just on what I've seen recently, So I do aplogize for that. I am in no way trying to bring discredit to you. Also I couldn't agree with you more on the last sentence of your post.

boatcop1

Established Member
^^^I agree totally with the past 3 posts. Joe is offering MORE to our community not taking away. And Boatcop I have nothing against you at all man and your not a "dick" lol, so don't take anything offensively I simply think your just over thinking things a bit. Joe is providing the community with an opportunity to own a car that they may have never been able to afford on their own. Big deal if he is buying a couple "good deals" on here once in awhile. When he turns it around it will be an even better deal. Also if your looking at it from a business perspective, which is also what I'm doing, you'll see that working with joe is an investment in aspects. As he stated, he can get things for better prices then 99% of the community here. Which allows him to then offer these cars to us for a significant amount cheaper than we would need to pay. As he stated above, your paying 21,700 dfor a car that is worth a couple thousand more, to me, that's a smart business choice.

Believe me I'm beyond the point in my life where I get buthurt because somebody calls me a bad word online.

I will have to respectfully disagree with you though, My comments could very easily be described as "dickish" lol, so I apologize for that. After reviewing some of Joe's post's and FS threads I do feel pretty bad about what I typed. I think my points are valid, however with Joe it seems they are way off base.

So with that being said, Mea Culpa Joe.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Lol I didn't actually think your feelings would be hurt by an internet dick comment. Just making it known that I'm not disagreeing with you because I think your a genuine dick, I just disagree with what you were saying. Okay I will agree with you there, valid points, yet, but possibly not applicable in this specific scenario. Now let's all get back to the actual topic at hand and stop filling the thread with useless rambling!

boatcop1

Established Member
Lol I didn't actually think your feelings would be hurt by an internet dick comment. Just making it known that I'm not disagreeing with you because I think your a genuine dick, I just disagree with what you were saying. Okay I will agree with you there, valid points, yet, but possibly not applicable in this specific scenario. Now let's all get back to the actual topic at hand and stop filling the thread with useless rambling!

LOL, Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread