Some trim restoration...2006 Benz

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
The victim this time was a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sport with around 100K miles. The windshield cowl/trim was dull and faded. Very gray looking and lifeless. I hit it with an ample dose of trim restorer and it brought the color/luster right back! I let it sit for a few minutes then knocked down the high spots. It looks very good now. I will have to update this thread with the longevity as I see this vehicle frequently.

DSCN9470-X2.jpg

DSCN9469-X2.jpg

DSCN9471-X2.jpg

DSCN9473-X2.jpg

DSCN9472-X2.jpg

DSCN9475-X2.jpg

DSCN9474-X2.jpg

DSCN9476-X2.jpg

DSCN9477-X2.jpg

DSCN9479-X2.jpg

DSCN9478-X2.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The detailing master at work! LOL. Awesome job.....as always!. :)

RRMBrembo

Established Member
Final product looks amazing! Well done! What's the longevity on this? Does it contain dye or just oils/wax/sealants? Are the 50/50 pics above before you leveled it out?

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Yes, 50/50's are before I leveled it. Finals are after leveling.
It's clear, so I'm saying no dyes. I've used it before on a daily that sat outside 24/7 and got a couple months out of it.

I'm gonna watch this one and see what it does.

bullitt1672

Established Member
Looks great! I'll definitely need to look into McKee's products.

I do have a question unrelated to this specific post, but is appropriate for all your other full detail threads (which are amazing btw)...when polishing and removing swirls, with a machine I assume, how do you effectively take them out of the paint, right around where the vehicles badges are? Anytime I get close with a machine, I always shred the edges of the pad.

Merlinii

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
Established Member
Looks great! I'll definitely need to look into McKee's products.

I do have a question unrelated to this specific post, but is appropriate for all your other full detail threads (which are amazing btw)...when polishing and removing swirls, with a machine I assume, how do you effectively take them out of the paint, right around where the vehicles badges are? Anytime I get close with a machine, I always shred the edges of the pad.

I use a specific detailing/painters tape and tape off badges and high spot areas.
Here's an example with a 62 Vette.

1962Vette-1.jpg

1962Vette-2.jpg

1962Vette-3.jpg

Merlinii

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
Established Member
The victim this time was a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sport with around 100K miles. The windshield cowl/trim was dull and faded. Very gray looking and lifeless. I hit it with an ample dose of trim restorer and it brought the color/luster right back! I let it sit for a few minutes then knocked down the high spots. It looks very good now. I will have to update this thread with the longevity as I see this vehicle frequently.

Nice work...looks good...any feedback on longevity?

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
I tape off badges/etc as well. I also use a small 1"-2"-3" polisher/pads where I can.

Thanks Merl: It's still looking good and it sat outside at the airport for a week...going to do the same again here shortly, I will update you with how it is holding up soon!

Users who are viewing this thread