Southern California svtp meetup?

MSKWIK

Established Member
Unfortunately I don't have the '04 Cobra any longer, it went back to the bank in 2004 and I had to file BK (I got nailed with a $50K paycut after the dot.com crash). It was soooo hard to let this car go :( However, now I have a 2014 triple black, fully loaded '14 Shelby GT500. But, if I don't find a damn job soon, I will have to sell it. Have an interview today with a prospective employer, fingers crossed!

Would love to meet up with you all if I still have the car.

MSKWIK Shelby.jpeg

MSKWIK

Established Member
Good luck! That car is very, very nice. Hopefully you can keep it!

Thanks! And your Shelby is totally awesome as well! Amazing mileage, only 7K! Mine only has 1,380 on it. Are you going to the Shelby tribute show in Gardena on May 20th? I went a couple of years ago and it was awesome, especially shopping at the Shelby store (yes, I'm a girl who LOVES fast cars but of course LOVES to shop as well, LOL). I purchased this really cool Shelby bottle opener made out of a .50 caliber used bullet, that benefits war vets.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Thank you. Its a nice car and im very much enjoying it. First owner had it sitting in a garage most of the last 10 years.

Unfortunately its a little lazy in stock form (something your car does NOT suffer from lol).

Im adding a pulley, intake and tune this weekend.... .should wake it right up!

MSKWIK

Established Member
With those mods, how much rwhp do you think it will generate? I also owned a silver 2004 Cobra coupe, had a pulley and tune done by Danny at Swanson Performance. I can't remember the rwhp (I have the Dyno sheet sonewhere), but it came to about 500hp at the crank. It was a huge power increase, but then I could barely step on the gas without major wheel hop. I was going to have Joe at Chicane install the IRS upgrade kit, then he was tragically murdered at his shop on Xmas eve in 2010. Torrance PD still have not caught the killer, I guess it's a cold case now. Still haunts me, as I've known Joe since he used to work for Saleen. I ended up selling that car to an SVT Performance member, transaction went great (a father & son drove from AZ to buy it). It only had 24K miles on it, they loved it. Then 2 months later I landed a good contract with Nestle in Glendale, and drove to San Diego to buy the 2014 Shelby at sticker price.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
07-12 gt500's make about 530-550 whp with the package I just bought. Good for a 125whp increase on my car... pretty excited.

That's an insane story on your cobra and Joe. Hopefully they find the guy.

32VALVR

Mach On!
Established Member
Signing up. Whether we cruise the canyons near me, (Rock Store, Malibu Neptunes Net, Angelas Crest) or something else ie Orange county canyons, I'm down! Dmark, why don't you finalize a route on a Sunday.

Klay

Established Member
I'm down to meet up depending when it is. I've only been to one cruise with people from SVTP amd its been like 6 or 7 years.

Is anyone going to Fabulous Ford Forever on the 30th of this month?

Fabian_sn95

Established Member
I'm down to meet up an cruise, i'm also going to FFF but will be spending the night out by the venue because I dont want to wake up at 6 to drive 45 mins lol plus breakfast an clean the car up lol

Klay

Established Member
Looks like it is going to take someone taking charge and schedule something. I'm fairly certain I'll be at FFF, so maybe those who want to meet could do it there?

wckdvnm

Established Member
So there's a Instagram page and they are wanting to do it on May 28th from what I can see was agreed upon.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread