Spy Shots—2019 Ford Ranger XLT

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
\
I finally got to drive a duramax powered colorado and it felt stout as hell.
400 ftlbs and a stick would make for a good time. Full deletes and a tune would be in order too

I currently own a Z71 Duramax Colorado and it is a beast. It doesnt have a huge amount of horsepower but the torque alone will take you anywhere. Highway cruising is just amazing.

If Ford sticks the 2.7L Ecoboost in the Ranger FX4 I might have to trade in the Colorado. 315-330hp and 380lb-ft of torque in a Ranger would be fantastic.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Glad to see them bringing back the ranger but I hate how big all these "midsize" trucks are.

My Colorado 4 door short bed is the same length as an 2000's F150 4 door short bed. Its the width that is not the same. The older F150 is about 6 inches wider than the current Colorado.

I dont mind it though. Go test drive a Colorado or Ranger(when it comes out) and they feel great. Not too big as to be cumbersome when strolling a parking lot but big enough to haul whatever i need and tow a racecar when needed. The rear seat is quite big and can fit a 5'11" person no problem.

Gravik

Established Member
4x4, 6 speed manual or new 10 speed auto, 3.2 powerstroke, leather interior. All I care about lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

snakedoctor

Established Member
This may be a stupid question, but are they not currently making a ranger? I've seen a couple in the tucson/el paso area. Are these maybe from Mexico?

blk02edge

Established Member
Ford doesnt have a manual in any truck stateside and hasnt in years. Even the low rent v6 trucks are auto.
I dont understand your point, they have only had f-150 and superduty. They havent had a midsize truck, fact that the competition has manuals, the T6 ranger had a manual why was it needed to mention that..? Yea thats correct that they didnt end up doing it but who cares, wouldnt have been shocking if it did, move along

JimCSHO

Established Member
At Detroit NAIAS, and Ranger is here
71eaa13edd4c9b48d1573b33d47b61c5.jpg
b253899873ab304af747e10b37179764.jpg
d90219ab2e7f96f77208d3c637d972bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dusten

Established Member
My point was several years ago ford stated due to the efficiency and ease of driving they weren't going to offer manuals in trucks anymore stateside. It was a pipe dream to think they'd debut a new truck with a manual

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Granted there's nothing to give the truck a good size reference in those pics, but it looks like the same size as a late 90s f150. Why would you not just buy an f150 if the ranger is already that big?

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dusten

Established Member
Granted there's nothing to give the truck a good size reference in those pics, but it looks like the same size as a late 90s f150. Why would you not just buy an f150 if the ranger is already that big?

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app
The current f150 is as much as 47" longer and 5-9" taller than the t6 ranger it's based on.
If you're a city dweller thats a huge size difference when it comes to parking and driving around.

Users who are viewing this thread