Spy Shots—2019 GT500 With Supercharged 5.2 FPC Engine?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Interesting.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That's an interesting pic. Things get written up incorrect sometimes too though. If Ford hasn't released numbers yet, it leaves the editor to have to er on the cautious side and under promise.

This happened with the ford gt in 05 (04 buyers guide rather) and several other cars.

Things like hp: 500+ were consistently used for the gt, 600+ for the 2017 gt, 500+ for the Lexus LFA, etc.

Still though, 450hp gt and 680hp gt500 would only be bad or weak numbers in this day and age... People can't appreciate a great well balanced car anymore. If it's not the best thing for the lowest price, it's not eBay approved or worthy of the millennial Bitcoin or go fund me campaign... So tired of this degeneration.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
You think that but that's just because of the internet. How much power does a hellcat have and how much power does a GT350R have? Which one can you walk in and buy off a lot with no problem?

Reality and the internet diverge significantly.

Nevertheless, believe me, power will not be a problem with this car.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
You are correct. Demand is still driven by buying power. Millennial cry babies will talk up the dodge stuff till they are blue in the face, and sure it's great stuff, but the buyers speak. Svt products sell extremely well and hold value exceptionally well.

I love how so many people talk shit in the gt350/r as if it's some gutless 100hp yugo... It traps 118-120. Back in 03 cobra days that was hella fast. Now it's just slow for the mid level na bruiser. The damn boss trapped 114-117. These things have gone 117-122. NA no less. People have become ridiculous in how much they rip on the voodoo mill... The scat pack cars (na mid grade, the price and status fighter of the gt350) get wrecked racing a gt350 let alone an r. The fact a gt350r can hang convincingly with a manual zl1 or manual hellcat from a dig to upwards of 70mph is damn impressive IMO.

The new gt500 successor will do great. I think if ford puts parts from the power packs on the gt and takes advantage of the new injection system, they can pull 470hp (albeit peaky). I think 455-460hp for the gt is very realistic and will be fatter on torque down low. (Using some kind of mid range intake manifold that is a bit more than the 17 gt's but not as aggressive as the gt350's)

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
DBK......thanks for the heads up. I like getting info from people in the "know" and that is main reason why I have stayed on this forum for so long. This is the main reason I have bought the SVT / GT500 cars. Having fellow forum members here that have helped develop / tested the actual car I am buying is a plus.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
image.png
image.png
Side note, looks like the 2018 mustang gt is making 460hp but I don't know how credible this stuff is.

Road and track article

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...ord-mustang-gt-horsepower-acceleration-specs/

image.png

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
Well being the teaser of the dash screens shots a few months back showed 455 hp for the GT and 755 for the "expected" GT500. I am glad to see that Ford is coming through with 460 hp for the GT.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Well being the teaser of the dash screens shots a few months back showed 455 hp for the GT and 755 for the "expected" GT500. I am glad to see that Ford is coming through with 460 hp for the GT.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
So are we calling it 760 based on that?

I like the drag mode in the GT because it doesn't have any tq limiting. I hope the GT500 is the same way.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Ill take a shot at 777 HP.
Sounds nice oh... and with a centrifugal blower. 5.2l CPC
Has an OEM ever offered a production centri blower?
Not add-ones like early Shelby Paxtons or Saleen's Vortech.
And Jim do you ever miss the Trinity over the Voodoo cars?
-J

conceptmachine

Established Member
Has an OEM ever offered a production centri blower?
Not add-ones like early Shelby Paxtons or Saleen's Vortech.
And Jim do you ever miss the Trinity over the Voodoo cars?
-J

Hey J,
Not that i know of... just a shot in the dark. I know they require less cooling, so i can see it as an option.

Dont miss the '14 one iota. I love the voodoo its a keeper. If ford made another NA at 600+, id get that instead of this new SE.
With the 760+ HP im hearing with this new one... its gonna love to burn thru rubber.
The DCT will help some tho. Looking forward to seeing whats coming

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I wouldn't call those sites great sources. They read like click bait.

Claiming a 0-60 of 2.6? Top speed of 210? Great, but I don't see it happening. The 100k price tag seems up in the night as well.

I'd guess $65k starting price, 750hp and 3750lbs. Optioned all the way up, $75k.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Centri blowers dont look very clean IMO; I couldnt see an OEM ever having one on a car, let alone the flagship model.

I wish Ford would offer a bigger displacement NA motor. Something to compete with the 6.4 in the Dodge's.

Users who are viewing this thread