Steeda Jacking Rails

ANGREY

Established Member
Okay,

The instructions are messed up. Or at least not as tight as they could be.

1) The rails are chiral (handed) and it would benefit everyone if Steeda just put this in bold letters at the top of the instruction sheet. Why Ford has a different bolt pattern from the passenger side to the driver's side is a head shaker. Nonetheless one rail will go on the passenger side (and ONLY the passenger side) and the other the drivers side (and ONLY the drivers side).

2) The instructions are wrong (or at least not clear) in that they don't inform you of number 1 above and they instruct you to face the rail with the bracket a certain way. I read this (and looked at the photo) to mean that a certain rail was the choice for the passenger side. Got the factory bolts removed, go to line up the rail and then get a bit emotional. Check the instructions. Check the bolt locations and the undercarriage a thousand times. Scratch my head. Do it again and wonder what it is I'm missing and why something so simple as some steel rails has to be so complicated. Get pissed. Call Steeda.

Apparently, I'm not alone. They get this call ALL the time (and yet refuse to update their instructions).

Great product. Don't freak out. Each rail is specific to one side or the other. The instructions MAY lead you to grab the wrong rail for the side you're installing and then get confused/frustrated that it won't work.

Hope this helps.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Good info. Seems like it would be easy enough to put a sticker on them. Steeda is a good company. Hopefully they end up taking your advice.

Users who are viewing this thread