Stiegemeier Tuning

CompOrange04

Just livin the dream...
Established Member
Hey Guys, quick question.
I just bought my '04 Comp Orange Cobra back in Dec. and all the upgrades I have done are just K&N FIPK kit and MGW shifter. My question is, I am located about 75 miles south of Steigemeier and they are probably the closest dyno/tuning facility to me. Has anyone here had their car dyno'd there or had them tune it and can recommend them? After everything I have read about their porting capabilities I am sure their tuning is #1 also.
Thanks for the help.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have not been there, but they seem like they have their act together. Just on reputation I would recommend them.

Zman04

Established Member
I live in Kc,and I also am debating on making the drive to go their.I only have 380 miles on the car,so I would like to break in first.

z-eater

stock with pulley
Established Member
Zman04 said:
I live in Kc,and I also am debating on making the drive to go their.I only have 380 miles on the car,so I would like to break in first.

back at last spring 2004 i did a dyno there and BRYAN tuned my car and installed
2.80 pulley and cold air kit. i dyno 432 rwhp 457 tq with just two things on the car, and car ran 12.08 the next week after that , i heard that Bryan left that place for Superchips in Florida, i dont know if he is still there.

elmo0244

Established Member
i recommend them. They will help you any way they can, plus it's olny 75 miles for you. You should do a superchip tuner and they can custom tune it for you.I just had mine dyno'd there yesterday.

CompOrange04

Just livin the dream...
Established Member
If you are having a tuner burn a program for you while you are on their dyno, is it better to buy the hand-held tuner and then let them load the program onto it or just let them burn a chip. I would like the hand-held tuner so I could load back the stock program if I needed to take it in for service. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

ModsAway

Established Member
Why are people always concerned with removing mods for service? Rhetorical question I know the answer.

However, both the flash tuners and especially chips can be detected by your dealership so why bother removing them? If they want to do warranty work they will, if they don't, then WON'T.

Mod and enjoy, don't keep in your mind that if something goes wrong Ford will pay for it because they shouldn't have to. (the tick is a valid argument many of us have but what can you do).

projekZERO

Werd
Established Member
CompOrange04 said:
Hey Guys, quick question.
I just bought my '04 Comp Orange Cobra back in Dec. and all the upgrades I have done are just K&N FIPK kit and MGW shifter. My question is, I am located about 75 miles south of Steigemeier and they are probably the closest dyno/tuning facility to me. Has anyone here had their car dyno'd there or had them tune it and can recommend them? After everything I have read about their porting capabilities I am sure their tuning is #1 also.
Thanks for the help.

with such a reputable tuner so close why wouldnt oyu do it?

some people arent so lucky and go the mail-order tune route. which also can work very well with the right tuner.

id go for it, bob is great at tuning cars.

Users who are viewing this thread