Stock Engine F/I Guys,.....

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So, what's the max horsepower and torque you guys are putting down at the wheels? Horsepower and torque numbers. (If you're talking crank HP/TQ, please specify.) I'm looking to do 93 octane as E85 is like non-existent out here in MA.
I've been thinking of sending my car down to VMP Performance to have a bunch of work, dyno-tuning/data logging done. It's a list of stuff actually. Ideally, I'd love to have 650RWHP and a lot of torque. I do not go to the drag strip with my car, nor do I do the race course. Just want a high powered, reliable street car. I would like to get on it once in a while without doing damage to the block. lol
If anyone of you have sent your car to VMP, I appreciate your input as well please.
Thanks!

Recon

Established Member
Justin knows the Roush cars very well. He'll do an excellent job.
As for power 650 is doable on a Coyote, but I'd consider doing forged internals just for peace of mind. That way you know it can handle it. Personally, I know this is quite a chunk of change but I'd seriously consider getting rid of the MT-82 for a Magnum XL. That's just me. I wasn't very impressed with the trans when I drove my buddy's 14 Coyote. Those 20in Roush wheels wouldn't be great for traction. So maybe a smaller diameter wheel with some meat would make it hook better.
Both of my 3V's will be tuned by Justin. I send Justin an email and within 24hours I had a reply. That impressed me.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
With my procharger I made 570rwhp and 495 ft*lbs of torque on a mustang dyno with the auto trans. Most people will say to keep it under 600rwhp on a stock block. I would at least get the oil pump gears and crank sprocket gear done before installing a supercharger for piece of mind. 650 is doable but that's pushing the limits of the stock block IMO.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies.
I would have VMP do the OPG's and CS if I was going to do the mods.
I would love to add forged psitons/rods and all the goodies too, but not interested in having the engine pulled to be rebuilt. I would probably just buy a reputable built engine from one of the vendors on this forum with "overkill" in mind.
Thanks again!

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
There is a thread floating around here with someone that made over 700 to the wheels for over 70000 miles. Granted, a lot of it has to do with a great tuner, etc, but these motors are capable of a lot. I am not saying to push the limits like this guy did, but 600ish on 93 is very doable. Find a good tuner and don't beat the piss out of your car like an idiot and you'll be ok.

nxhappy

Established Member
the guys at VMP know how to dial in Mustangs that's for sure. A 2.3 TVS will turn your car into a monster. VMP will let you know the limits on 93...

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
There is a thread floating around here with someone that made over 700 to the wheels for over 70000 miles. Granted, a lot of it has to do with a great tuner, etc, but these motors are capable of a lot. I am not saying to push the limits like this guy did, but 600ish on 93 is very doable. Find a good tuner and don't beat the piss out of your car like an idiot and you'll be ok.
the guys at VMP know how to dial in Mustangs that's for sure. A 2.3 TVS will turn your car into a monster. VMP will let you know the limits on 93...
Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it.
Just waiting for BJ to get back to me. I think they are away this weekend at the TX2K.

Paul.

Established Member
My 2.9L Whipple makes 591 rwhp on 91 octane on an otherwise 100% stock motor and exhaust. I have billet oil pump gears and crank sprocket for good measure.

Paul.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
On stock internals we see 570-590rwhp regularly in auto cars.
Manuals will pull a bit more. and even more with headers. There is a good range that you can approach without breaking into the engine.
My 2.9L Whipple makes 591 rwhp on 91 octane on an otherwise 100% stock motor and exhaust. I have billet oil pump gears and crank sprocket for good measure.
Paul.
Thank you guys.
I have the OPG's and crank sprocket on my list. Must have. Better to be safe than sorry.
Paul, which brand of OPG's and CS did you go with? I was looking at the ones VMP was selling, the MMR brand.

Users who are viewing this thread