Established Member

Attachments

• 2014-05-21 19.18.09.jpg
    2014-05-21 19.18.09.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,241
Last edited:

bob450

Established Member
i am not the best judge to do this mod i prefer my hearthrob flowpack... cutting the center pipe with out blocking any internal hole seems to have close to stock sound...:( i did 2 spot weld and install tape it hold for test i dont know if there is any sound engineer to help me improve :read:

2014-05-21 20.32.36.jpg

2014-05-21 20.31.56.jpg

2014-05-22 19.36.04.jpg

1quick

Established Member
I just did this today the first way that was posted but didnt cap the hole into the second chamber and it sounds great, thanks to the OP for posting this or i would have wasted money buying an axel back

3unn

Established Member
Still loving this mod! They sound even better now with 12,000 km on the car. I will probably get an axle back but I am 100% keeping these mufflers for long trips.

3unn

Established Member
Still loving this mod. Thinking about adding BOSS side pipes for of my own personal listening pleasure as I like the car being stealth and fairly quiet. The mufflers have broken in and sound better than ever so I made a new video with a variety of driving.

http://youtu.be/zSkZspEwTZ8

busarich

Established Member
I just did this, welded on new tips and painted it flat black. Gonna put them on this weekend. I have 1 7/8 lts, o/r h pipe, and no resonators. I am adding the stock modified mufflers and cutouts. Should be quieter than my dyno max ultra flo bullets I have now.

Bubaholmes

I just did a mod similar to the first set of mufflers shown. I didn't weld the hole closed though just cut the inlet pipe. With cat deletes it sounds great to me. Definitely louder than stock mufflers.

3unn

Established Member
Still getting compliments on this. People describe it as the most throaty sounding quiet exhaust ever. It as a crazy amount of delicious sound to it but at a low volume level. If you turn the radio down it can be heard at highway speeds with the windows up. Said it before but the cars should have come EXACTLY like this from the factory.

Last edited:

vortecd

Established Member
I don't like loud cars so I have been running the stock mufflers. I do not have cats or resonators so it makes the car louder even with the stock mufflers. I have tried the Hooker blackheart, Dynomax ultra flows and GT500's. All were louder then what I was looking for. I got a hold of another set of stock mufflers and cut out the inlet tube into the second chamber like the first mod in the thread but did not weld up the hole. It it louder driving around but at highway speed is almost stock sounding. By far the best sound out of all the mufflers and cheapest!

Red Stripe

Established Member
This is awesome. I gave away my stock 4.6 mufflers when i installed the 6250-GTA FRPP mufflers and i wish now i would have kept them....

Users who are viewing this thread