Street Outlaws: No Prep Kings

_Snake_

Established Member
This has potential. Sounds like more racing and less Shenanigans (silent nod to Super Troopers).

The Discovery Channel recently expanded their popular Street Outlaws franchise with the introduction of Street Outlaws: Memphis, and in short order they’ve added yet another spin-off. Street Outlaws: No Prep Kings will make its official premiere on February 27 showcasing the stars of the hit reality TV show taking on the best in the No Prep racing world at racetracks across the nation.

Street Outlaws: No Prep Kings allows fans to get up close and personal with their favorite racers from the show during each filming — not something they can normally do since the Street Outlaws show is a closed set. The new show also allows racers from all over the country an opportunity to take on the shows’ cast and prove how fast they are. To top it all off, there is some serious cash on the line, with a $40,000 prize going to the winner of each 32-car invitational event. So far the events have been wildly popular with the fans as each venue has been packed to levels rarely seen before.

The primary focus of the Street Outlaws: No Prep Kings series will be on the 32-car invitational field that has a mixture of stars from the OKC show and the New Orleans show, along with some of the biggest names in No Prep racing. Also in the mix will be racers who are victorious in the Race Your Way In portion of each event, adding even more excitement to the show. If you’re a fan of the Street Outlaws or No Prep racing this new series combines both together in a format that shows just how real racing can get.

More here

http://www.dragzine.com/news/street-outlaws-no-prep-kings-hit-airwaves-february/

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
As much as I enjoy SO OKC, it's about time I stopped watching. 4 separate SO shows is just stupid, and not needed. They are just going to flood us with SO until it's run into the ground.
What a shame.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
It's basically grudge night at the track.

I have a feeling the show is about to gravitate away from the original. If so, I'm fine with that. I'm tired of seeing the same cars over and over again.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Good stuff. I'm a SO fan from the outset. The more folks interested in racing (safely), the better. Otherwise this hobby/sport/addiction/vocation will die out.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Yup they are gonna kill it. Just like they do with other TV shows, movies etc.
They can't come up with any more original ideas, so let's make more of the same until people just get tired of it.
Speaking of that sort of bs, did you see that they have made a Crocodile Dundee movie, but this one is supposed to be his son? No thank you.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
We have an event coming to our track next month and I can't wait to be there. It is like the Bristol event but will probably not be as big.
I do agree with flooding the tv with these shows. Too much of a good thing get to be just plain ordinary. I love the show but also don't want to see it get boring.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I have never watched SO. Not one single episode. I've seen some clips on the internet and that's about it. I don't have the time to watch it and I know it's not real street racing. Anyways, this weekend the SO No Prep thing you're talking about came to San Antonio Raceway. Most of the cars from the show were there and the film crew. They had a field of 32 and a couple of those spots were reserved for anyone that wanted to earn a spot by racing their way in. Was a great night of racing and I thoroughly enjoyed it! $40k payout to the winner.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I have never watched SO. Not one single episode. I've seen some clips on the internet and that's about it. I don't have the time to watch it and I know it's not real street racing. Anyways, this weekend the SO No Prep thing you're talking about came to San Antonio Raceway. Most of the cars from the show were there and the film crew. They had a field of 32 and a couple of those spots were reserved for anyone that wanted to earn a spot by racing their way in. Was a great night of racing and I thoroughly enjoyed it! $40k payout to the winner.
Sounds like a lot of fun.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member

Soooo, who won?

earico

Established Member
Soooo, who won?

Man they didn't get to finish. Weather was shit all weekend. Finally got a spot of clear weather Saturday. They started racing around 1pm and later that night it turned to shit again and they finally decided to call it. I think they just paid out the top 8 spots.

It was a treat to see Larry Larson run in person.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
They were in Tucson International Raceway last month filming. Pretty awesome time from what I heard! There is a reason why Street Outlaws ratings and racing in general has ticked up. There are tons of people that love racing, and while I love NHRA drag racing, its not something the average person will ever be able to do.

Meanwhile, Street Outlaws has cars that most everyone has either owned, family has owned or been in crews that have raced these cars or just been in the car scene in general.

The drivers in the shows aren't some superstar Top Fuel pro driver. Its just average, everyday guys and gals that know how to build big power cars and get them down the street.

THAT is the connection. Most people know a dad, uncle, mom, aunt, sister, brother, cousin that races. And its a family event too. Every episode you see every driver has loved ones there, either operating as their crew or just there for support.

earico

Established Member
They were in Tucson International Raceway last month filming. Pretty awesome time from what I heard! There is a reason why Street Outlaws ratings and racing in general has ticked up. There are tons of people that love racing, and while I love NHRA drag racing, its not something the average person will ever be able to do.

Meanwhile, Street Outlaws has cars that most everyone has either owned, family has owned or been in crews that have raced these cars or just been in the car scene in general.

The drivers in the shows aren't some superstar Top Fuel pro driver. Its just average, everyday guys and gals that know how to build big power cars and get them down the street.

THAT is the connection. Most people know a dad, uncle, mom, aunt, sister, brother, cousin that races. And its a family event too. Every episode you see every driver has loved ones there, either operating as their crew or just there for support.

Well said. It's not like small town, small guy racing is a new thing. It's been around for a long time. Years ago I used to drive a few hours out to the middle of nowhere and watch some fast 10.5 cars race each other for $10k + purses. The racers had mostly traveled in from neighboring states but some from 1,000 miles or more. It was some of the best racing I've ever seen. The general public just didn't know much about it or that it existed at all. Discovery channel has just done a great job of marketing it and bringing it to the lime light.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Wait, are you saying most people have owned 1k+ HP race cars? I sure hope not LOL

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

I grew up racing. My dad had a top alcohol flat bottom we raced for years. I raced anything that would move when my dad sold the boat and got out of the sport.

I've done my fair share of street racing. I also drag raced bikes for years.

I miss doing mid 7 sec runs on a street legal bike, without wheelie bars.

Users who are viewing this thread