Subframe Connectors Question

Stangracer44t

Established Member
My 99 currently has an unknown brand of shorty connectors weded in it. I would like to put the Maximum Full Length in it so it ties into the floor pan/seat bolt location as well. Is here any problem with cutting the welds on the old ones and installing new ones or am I going to open up a can of worms?

kzite29

Established Member
The 99 vert came with bolt-on shortys from the factory (not welded in). Not to throw you a dumb question, but have you made sure they're not just bolt on's?

Shouldn't be a problem getting through the welds being careful assuming there's no rust. If you're doing the work yourself I'd make the cuts a good bit onto the connector just to prevent accidental damage to the frame because your full lengths will most likely have different attachment points anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Stangracer44t

Established Member
It's a coupe. Not a dumb question, I didn't know that anyways so thanks for the tip. They are welded on though I know for a fact. Kinda what I was thinking too that I'd cut them off in the connector and grind the welds down. Thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread