Supercharged 2009 V8 Explorer Sport For Sale - Price Reduced

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It pains me to post this, but all good things must come to an end. My faithful DD has served me well for over 20,000 fun-filled miles. And I say fun because the last 10,000 or so miles have been boosted. I added a 1.9L Magnuson TVS Supercharger kit. This was a custom install based on Magnuson’s 3V Mustang kit, and intake components from JLT. We had to modify several components, use parts from other kits, and fabricate several brackets to complete the install. After all was said and done the 4.6L 3V V8 laid down 400HP and 400TQ to all four wheels with a custom SCT 93 octane tune from VMP Performance.

She is the Ultra-Rare Sport model. Very few Explorers were equipped with that package that was only available from 2009-2010. Fewer still were optioned up with V8 engines. The Sport package included unique blacked-out trim, 20-inch wheels, and unique badging among other things. It essentially creates about 85% of the Sport-Trac Adrenaline in the standard Explorer SUV package.

During my ownership the oil was always changed with premium synthetic oil and used oil analysis reports are available upon requests. I will include every stock component I have that has been taken off the truck. The stock exhaust system was recycled, so it is not included. I also have a tube of touch-up paint and an extra seat of brake pads that go with her.

This truck has served me extremely well over the last couple years and has never let me down. She safely carried us to several NMRA races, and delivered nearly 19MPG doing so. She is the last generation of Explorer to offer full-boxed body-on-frame construction and a V8 engine. She also has the renowned 6R80 6-Speed transmission and 3.55 gears. Her front and rear coil-over independent suspension provides excellent ride and handling.

Over a couple years of ownership we completed the following modifications/additions:

• Magnuson 1.9L TVS Supercharger
    • Custom SCT 93 Octane Tune from VMP Performance
    • Magnaflow Cat-Back
    • FRPP Black Cam Covers
    • Ford Accessories Floor Mats
    • Ford Accessories Cargo Liner
    • Ford Parts Hitch Plug
    • Rotella Ultra ELC Coolant
    • Rotella ELC Coolant in the Intercooler System
    • One-Year-Old Battery
    • Reische Performance 170-Degree Thermostat
    • NGK 7554 Iridium Spark Plugs

This Explorer is very highly optioned for what she is. She has the trailer tow package with 2-inch receiver, 3rd row seating, sun roof, Microsoft SYNC, AWD, and rear passenger climate control. She stickered for over $38,000 and has cloth seats. That was not an easy feat in the 2009 model year. Did I mention that she has a clean Carfax and was the subject of several SVTP Front Page Articles? Check them out below:

SID297 Gets a New DD : SVTP Gets Another Ford V8 to Mod

SVTPerformance Installs and Tests Intake, Exhaust, and Tune to 2009 V8 Explorer

Warrantying Crusty Wheels and Adding Style to My DD Explorer

SVTP Previews the Magnuson 4.6 3V Supercharger System

Unfortunately, she does have the following defects:

• Very Slight dent in Front Driver’s Side Door
  • Very slight dent in Rear Passenger’s Side Door
  • Roof Rack Coating Beginning to Stipple on the Driver’s Side
  • Textured Plastic Trim Beginning to Show Signs of Aging
  • A Few Expected Rock Chips
  • Wheel Clear Coat is Beginning to Spider Crack Again - Known Issue
  • Paint on Door Panel Trim Plates is Showing Wear (common for Explorers of this vintage)

The asking price for this one-of-a-kind ride is $21,000. However, if that price is met I am willing to deliver her over land for free in an enclosed trailer a distance of up to 600 miles from Myrtle Beach, SC. I will also perform a fresh oil change (along with another UOA), have her detailed, and paint the brake calipers black (they could use a freshening up). I'm also including any stock take-off components from the truck that I have in storage. I am not particularly excited to be selling this truck, so low offers will not be effective. If you are interested in purchasing her I suggest making your best and highest offer by either PM’ing me here on SVTP or emailing me at [email protected]. I am available to post new pics as requested and can film a walk-around video for serious buyers.

Thanks for reading through this ad. I'll be posting more pics later on. There will be at least two more articles with this truck as the subject posted here on SVTP.

Ex_Lugs_Hitch_015.jpg

Ex_Lugs_Hitch_005.jpg

Magnuson_4.6_Preview_009.jpg

Magnuson_4.6_Lots_O_Work_001.jpg

2009_Explorer_Intake_Exhaust_Tune_022.jpg

2009_Explorer_Intake_Exhaust_Tune_001.jpg

2009_Explorer_Intake_Exhaust_Tune_003.jpg

2009_Explorer_Intro_017.jpg

2009_Explorer_Intro_015.jpg

2009_Explorer_Intro_018.jpg

2009_Explorer_Intro_023.jpg

2009_Explorer_Intro_025.jpg

-SID297:beer:

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,215
  • 2009 Explorer Window Sticker.pdf
    156.6 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:

1slo5ohh

Established Member
Needs rule #7 ;)

Looks like a nice ride, good luck with the sale.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Brake calipers were just painted and she is currently getting fully detailed. Will be on display at Mustang Week.

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
Nice X. Owned four of them myself. 93, 96, 02, and an 03.

Maybe I missed it, but how many miles total?

Best of luck with the sale. You should just keep that ole girl. She looks great.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Nice X. Owned four of them myself. 93, 96, 02, and an 03.

Maybe I missed it, but how many miles total?

Best of luck with the sale. You should just keep that ole girl. She looks great.

About 49,500 miles. I really like the truck, but she has to go to make room for new arrivals.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Quick blower vid for those interested:

[video=youtube;nW4R89O_IvY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW4R89O_IvY[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread