supra prices $%#@#$% crazy !!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Lookit, Supras are beautiful cars. Id love to have one. But for the price most are paying? I couldnt pay it. The 2JZ-GTE is a great engine, but you still need to build it to survive high boost levels like any other car. The styling is timeless, but not the be all end all.

Seems like a status symbol in the street racing world, but I could be wrong.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
The Cobra looks so much better than a Supra IMO.

My issue when it comes to cars is how I'm immediately skeptical when one says they didn't abuse or beat on the car. Maybe if this was a 80's Cutless Sierra (sp) sure but a vehicle like the one in question?

nxhappy

Established Member
Friend bought one of the last ones on the Toyota dealers lot when they were discontinued. He got thousands off of the list price. He still has it. It's bone stock. He never even drives it very fast. it's always garaged and looks and smell like new. Only bad thing is that it is white. How boring.
He is single.
He just got out of the hospital after his third heart attack.
I was the only person that visited him while he was in there.
He has put me in his will as the lucky guy that will get the car.

Does it make me a bad person that I may have mixed feeling as to his lifespan?
goddamn man, that's sad lol. If I were that guy, I'd race the shit out of that car. Life is definitely too short.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
JDM Supra's can be imported soon so prices won't increase IMO as there will now be plenty of importers bringing them in.

I could be wrong but we will see.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
JDM Supra's can be imported soon so prices won't increase IMO as there will now be plenty of importers bringing them in.

I could be wrong but we will see.
I could have picked up a JDM '96 Supra TT 6-Speed with 67,000 kilometers on it for $21k USD. Sadly someone beat me to it.

The prices for Supras in Japan are going up. By the time it is legal, you wont find a TT 6-Speed under $35k.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I could have picked up a JDM '96 Supra TT 6-Speed with 67,000 kilometers on it for $21k USD. Sadly someone beat me to it.

The prices for Supras in Japan are going up. By the time it is legal, you wont find a TT 6-Speed under $35k.
Off topic but I've been thinking about importing an R34 while prices are affordable and storing it until the 25yr rule comes into play. The problem is I doubt I would hold onto it for long knowing I had so much cash sitting in storage with no insurance and I don't know if I'd be able to sell it should something come up and I need the money.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
You guys need to go check out air cooled Porsche prices.

or air cooled vws.

jeep wranglers are probably the worst lol. not in cost/worth range but the fact that there are 1000 20 year old jeep with 180k for $10k .
Off topic but I've been thinking about importing an R34 while prices are affordable and storing it until the 25yr rule comes into play. The problem is I doubt I would hold onto it for long knowing I had so much cash sitting in storage with no insurance and I don't know if I'd be able to sell it should something come up and I need the money.

you wont be able to get it through customs. maybe if a canadian seller drives it over the border "while visiting" and leaves it.

10splaya22

Established Member

I think its too early for that unless you have no other need for 40-50k in cash. Its still 7 years away for the earliest cars. You could do a lot better buying a couple R32's and selling them instead IMO

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

You won't be able to legally bring it in the county. You'd automatically be disbarred from registration. It has to be 25 years old to be brought in.

You'd have to buy it and store it in Japan for 7 years.

It would be covered under your property insurance.

An R34 is 40-50k right now and will go up in 7 years.

R32s with low mileage and in great shape once changed hands for only $10k 10 years ago. Canada ****ing destroyed them an a similar car is now $30k.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Black Ops Performance imports them now with a Florida title. Not federally legal though so technically it could be seized like some of the old Motorex cars. More hassle than it's worth though. I'm just a sucker for 90's Jap sports cars.

Rivsu Imports is another source as well. Other than rarity there is no point to be honest though. Too many modern cars can do more for less nowadays.

Back to overpriced Supra's now.

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member
You can actually get a good deal if you're lucky enough. I missed out on an original owner 97 TT Supra for $25k with about 110k miles. Now I'm kicking myself for letting that deal go. Fawkkkkkk

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
You can actually get a good deal if you're lucky enough. I missed out on an original owner 97 TT Supra for $25k with about 110k miles. Now I'm kicking myself for letting that deal go. Fawkkkkkk

'97 would have been an automatic. 6spd is worth $10k

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member
'97 would have been an automatic. 6spd is worth $10k

Yup, it was an auto. 6spd cars are harder to find for a decent deal. One thing I absolutely hate is trying to find OEM Supra parts. If you find one then it'll cost a fortune. I searched the forums to find a stock oem front bumper for my buddy's '97 TT RSP Supra and couldn't find one that didn't cost a fortune. Why people change the exterior appearance is beyond me. I'll get my hands on one some day, but the Terminator will do just fine for now!

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Why people change the exterior appearance is beyond me.
I agree. However, I like the Varis Ridox kit for the Supra
front.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread