SVT 01 Cobra vs 6.4 srt8 300

SVTNewEdge01

Established Member
So today i had been driving around uncontested until i pulled up to this red light and a worthy opponent was in my sights.. Knowing i was picking on a monster was my main reason for wanting to run him.. So we both gave each other a nod to confirm a race was about to crack.. We both hit once the green light had turned n to my surprise i held up.. I was expecting to get yanked pretty badly but my cobra only got walked as if he was going 5-8 mph more then what i was doing.. All in all it was a fair run n ill accept my lose to a 6.1 liter srt8.. We were both all smiles gave a thumbs up n went our ways.. My car has been detuned due to my sct chip frying my computer my straight pipes/ slp lm had been modified to no longer be obnoxiously loud.. My 4.56 gearing is what i believe kept me in this race.. Also i just had my engine remanufactured n forged my short block.. New engine has about 1300 on it.. What do u guys think about me not getting yanked harder

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
5-8 MPH is quite a lot to be honest. Im sure it was less, difference between your Cobra stock vs an 03 in the 1/4 trap speed is about 8mph.

Anyways, good loss. Certainly sounds right with the older SRT-8’s. I barely beat a Charger stock back in the days, I had stock gearing, full exhaust, tune and intake.

SVTNewEdge01

Established Member
Certainly sounds right with the older SRT-8’s. I barely beat a Charger stock back in the days, I had stock gearing, full exhaust, tune and intake.

U r right i just did my research n it was a 2010 srt8 6.1 not a 6.4.. My bad guys how do i change the title.. Now i know i would get yanked by the 6.4 :shrug:

Stripeless07

Established Member
Doesn't sound to bad. What have you ran at the track? My dads 6.4 2011 auto challenger ran 12.9 at 112. So their not as fast as i thought they were. Didnt the stock 01 cobra's run low 13s? He also has catback and cold air intake from mopar.

SVTNewEdge01

Established Member
Ive been cobraless for about 4 months due to me blowing up my engine in jan when i bought my cobra.. So no track times yet.. I just got my car back a week n half ago n finally broke it in... Stock 01 cobra can get anywhere from 13.3 (with driver mod) to 13.5 i believe.. With my gearing i think i can get 13.1 but i need that driver mod to do n it n my shitty no grip tires wont help either:cryying:

I forgot to add i had traction control on in this race because i almost whipped out a couple nights ago trying to get my launch under control.. My shitty ass tires is making it hard to keep it straight in 1st n 2nd gear.. Always doing to body shuffle with trac off

Last edited:

Stripeless07

Established Member
With those times it should be close. Not bad for 15yr old car. Seen you said 6.1 but give a 6.4 a try if you see one. My dads car bogs real bad out of the hole, any way you try and launch it. The dodges have something in the computer that takes it easy on the trans. Its also a 5sp auto not the 8sp.

Users who are viewing this thread