SVT Raptor FAQ

steeltoe

Established Member
Some stuff may or may not apply to 2011s
Q:How wide is the Raptor?
A:It is the same width as a normal F-150 while the front and rear of the Raptor are wider the doors and mirrors are the same as a normal F-150.
Mirror to mirror is 97 inches
Fender to Fender is 86.3 inches

Q: What is the cluck coming from my truck when I go over speed bumps?
A: If you have an EC it maybe either the spare tire is not all the way up from the factory or it's a weight on the rear section of the frame for NHV that has come lose in both cases just tighten it and the sound will go away. If you have a CC then it maybe the slip yoke. Ford has a TSB for this. Also there is a Ford SSM it is the nature of the shock and going over a speed bump at slow speeds causes this noise. The SSM is not a get out of jail free card for your dealer not to check your truck if you feel something is wrong with your suspension or shocks(yes this has happened and that truck did have a bad shock)

Q: Why does my truck ride funny when it's really cold out?
A: Again do to the type of shocks and the unique oil used when its less then 20 degrees the shock oil gets very very thick and the ride is horrible. While driving the oil will warm up and the ride will return to normal. This happens to my truck all the time when its very cold.

Q: Why do my front brakes squeal when the brakes are cold and only sometimes?
A: 1 is these truck have hi performance brakes and that is the nature of the brakes. 2 is Ford has a 2 TSB on the brake stop lamp switch being out of adjustment and causing the brakes to drag.

Q: Why does my 5.4L seem to always be hunting for gears or have harsh downshifts?
A: Ford has several TSBs on this.
TSB 10-18-1 5.4L with 6R75/6R80- delayed forward/reverse engagement DTC P0741, P0731, P0735 after cold start.
TSB 10-12-4 5.4 3V and 6R80 transmission delayed/harsh downshift above 40 mph
TSB 09-20-14 un-commanded TCC apply on 1-2 shift causing perception of hesitation and/or lack of power during shift.

Q: Why are the wheels on the truck grey and the spare black?
A: The four wheels on the truck all have TPMS senors mounted in the spare does not so Ford made it easy to tell the spare from the rest of them by making the wheels 2 different colors.

Last edited:

Gus00SVTL

SVT Lightning/6.2L Raptor
Established Member
Q: What is the cluck coming from my truck when I go over speed bumps?
A: If you have an EC it maybe either the spare tire is not all the way up from the factory or it's a weight on the rear section of the frame for NHV that has come lose in both cases just tighten it and the sound will go away. If you have a CC then it maybe the slip yoke. Ford has a TSB for this. Also there is a Ford SSM it is the nature of the shock and going over a speed bump at slow speeds causes this noise. The SSM is not a get out of jail free card for your dealer not to check your truck if you feel something is wrong with your suspension or shocks(yes this has happened and that truck did have a bad shock)
Gonna have to check this out. Mine makes a clunking noise when i go over bumps sometimes...

Users who are viewing this thread