SVTP Coverage From PITS2018 | + | The First SVT/FPV Total Display

It's been a busy few days since the Second Annual Ponies in the Smokies event in Sevierville, TN; but we're finally getting caught up here in the office. That being the case, it's time for us to share some of our experiences and a few pics (71 to be exact) from the event. In particular, I'd really like to feature the First Ever SVTPerformance/SVTOA Total SVT Display.

For the first time anywhere we attempted to assemble one of every SVT and Ford Performance model (including Cobra Rs) into a single show field. We came very close to completing the collection, only missing the current and elusive Ford GT, and the sight was something to behold. Plans are already underway for the 2019 iteration of this presentation, and it's looking to be quite interesting.

As for the rest of the event, unfortunately due to weather and work obligations we were only able to make it into town for the final two days. During that time Travis, Troy, Jeff, Kevin, and the rest of the #PITS crew put together the biggest and most historically comprehensive indoor Mustang car show you're going to find; not to mention the over 500 cars in the outdoor display area.

Once again it was awesome meeting SVTP Members and reconnecting with a few of our great SVTP vendors. It was particularly fun getting in a night of slightly-less-than-sober Go-Karting with the crews from MGW, VMP Performance, and CJ Pony Parts. Though some aggressive driving tendencies were displayed, all managed to escape the evening largely unscathed.

Shows like #PITS really bring out the best this hobby has to offer. You get to see some really nice cars, find some awesome deals on parts and accessories, and get to hang-out with some truly special people (all while enjoying a few beers [you owe me Bill]). I'm already looking forward to #PITS2019, but until then take a look a few pics from the event:

PITS_2018_010.jpg
PITS_2018_001.jpg
PITS_2018_002.jpg
PITS_2018_003.jpg
PITS_2018_004.jpg
PITS_2018_005.jpg
PITS_2018_006.jpg
PITS_2018_007.jpg
PITS_2018_008.jpg
PITS_2018_009.jpg

Looks like a lot of effort went into this Sid, the full on SVT / Ford Performance display is really cool. I'm impressed you were able to actually find a SVT Contour and SVT Focus that were clean enough for the show, most of those have been absolutely trashed.

I would assume you tried this avenue, but did you reach out to Ford for a current GT? I know they had a black one at the NYIAS this year but I would figure they would have had a couple other press cars kicking around. I know BMW North America will send cars out to BMW related shows like Bimmerfest East or even the car show my friend's dealer holds every year.

Maybe next year we sneak a Marauder into that ford performance lineup? ;)

Looks like a lot of effort went into this Sid, the full on SVT / Ford Performance display is really cool. I'm impressed you were able to actually find a SVT Contour and SVT Focus that were clean enough for the show, most of those have been absolutely trashed.

I would assume you tried this avenue, but did you reach out to Ford for a current GT? I know they had a black one at the NYIAS this year but I would figure they would have had a couple other press cars kicking around. I know BMW North America will send cars out to BMW related shows like Bimmerfest East or even the car show my friend's dealer holds every year.

Maybe next year we sneak a Marauder into that ford performance lineup? ;)

We actually had a privately owned one committed for the display, but the guy no-showed us.

Users who are viewing this thread