SVTP Reviews The Ford Focus ST : EcoBoost Power For All

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
very nice review good looking car

I had two dealerships out here who wanted $5k over sticker. What a joke. Had to do a little leg work but got one on X-plan. :burnout:

I'm having no problem finding them at invoice.

The ST is a great looking car and I'm sure it performs well but i couldn't justify spending 30k on one when i can get a slightly used Subaru WRX STI for the same price. In fact i don't think there that much more brand new and if you could work in some incentives you maybe able to get the prices of the 2 cars new pretty close. Ford really would have won me over if the ST had around 300 HP and TQ as well as an advanced AWD system similar to the WRX STI. The Focus ST is like a neon srt-4 imo, it's direct competitor will be the new dodge dart srt-4. If the ST was priced more like a neon or dart ford would be on the right page, 25k out the door is the absolute max they should charge for it imo.

$30k is sticker for a fully loaded ST (very long list of features). Base price is under $24k. I don't know if you have driven a new Dart, but it is quite a disappointment. It's underpowered, tranny is pitiful, and it seems a bit flimsy to me.

I like an STi, but I'd be more interested in it if I lived in an area that sees a decent amount of snow. I look at it like a Raptor, if I lived somewhere where I could put it to use I'd probably buy one.

Jon96cobra

Established Member
ST3 Owner. Love the car. Great Write up.
Here is mine.
CdFKE7iQxETrDPo2jH33ObJwCoSHp00m1x8xGC2Z2Fc

HID Lights

XvVPQu_qTsJxKf-Rv-kZto551gkz9vr9cvFMkYlRJRY

turnpike_cruise

4.10's FTMFW
Established Member
Cool write up. Never much looked at this Focus before, seen some in the parking lot, and thought, not bad. Now you have my interest peaked. Torn between mods for the Mustang or test drive one of these? Dang it!

paynecasey

Established Member
Got to see Tanner Foust and Greg Tracy thrash these ST's in person in the Key West. And test drive one my self. Wonderful car. Turn off the Torque vectoring and you will feel the steering wheel gently tug at full throttle.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Got to see Tanner Foust and Greg Tracy thrash these ST's in person in the Key West. And test drive one my self. Wonderful car. Turn off the Torque vectoring and you will feel the steering wheel gently tug at full throttle.

I didn't have a chance to disengage the electronics while testing this ST, but that's something I'd like to try in the future.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Great Article, Sid! Your reviews are alway appreciated. I considered an ST, but after having sat in the Recaros, I found them to be unbearably uncomfortable for a man of my size. I don't know why, because the Recaros in the Mustang are just fine! I'd have to opt for the base car without Recaros, but that gives up too much of the electronic goodies for me.

Now, if Ford would just get an ST version of the Fusion out... SOON... with seats as comfy as the Titanium buckets and with full navigation... I'll have one as my next daily driver. 2.4 EB...over 300 horsepower...AWD... I'd ask for the 3.5 EB, or at least the 3.7L V6, but I figure that's too much to ask. I'm but one man, and gas prices and enviro-nazi's have me outnumbered.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Great Article, Sid! Your reviews are alway appreciated. I considered an ST, but after having sat in the Recaros, I found them to be unbearably uncomfortable for a man of my size. I don't know why, because the Recaros in the Mustang are just fine! I'd have to opt for the base car without Recaros, but that gives up too much of the electronic goodies for me.

Now, if Ford would just get an ST version of the Fusion out... SOON... with seats as comfy as the Titanium buckets and with full navigation... I'll have one as my next daily driver. 2.4 EB...over 300 horsepower...AWD... I'd ask for the 3.5 EB, or at least the 3.7L V6, but I figure that's too much to ask. I'm but one man, and gas prices and enviro-nazi's have me outnumbered.

Thanks.:beer:

I'd really like to see an SVT Fusion.

Ralo

Established Member
So what's the story with e gold coolant? Should it be changed in older cars?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
So what's the story with e gold coolant? Should it be changed in older cars?

Under high heat conditions the silicate in the additive package can precipitate out of the solution as solid flakes or sludge. This material can then damage water pump impellers and seals, and then can go on to clog small coolant passages like those found in oil coolers which renders them ineffective. This is mostly a problem with trucks (especially diesels) as they typically see higher engine temperatures (due to heavy working) than cars. I'm in the process of converting the SVTP F-350 (6.4L Powerstroke) over to Shell Rotella ELC to eliminate the Ford gold coolant.

No you can't not put the orange coolant in older cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you say that?

selftaughtdoc

Established Member
Love the pic of the SVT in front of Henry Ford Museum Entrance (replica of the front of Independence Hall where US Constitution was signed). Shows the American car heritage...

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Love the pic of the SVT in front of Henry Ford Museum Entrance (replica of the front of Independence Hall where US Constitution was signed). Shows the American car heritage...

It was a fun trip to the museum too. I suggest anyone who visits the Detroit area check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread