SVTP stock pick thread.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Kinda figured to watch this thread speak up with topics around the election. I'm still keep an eye on this but I only have about 4K to play with and not a lot of time to trade daily. Figured my money is safer in my wallet, for now.

There are some good biotech plays, OCUL just had good phase 3 results on an anti inflammatory that is used after eye surgery, prime BO candidate and still undervalued PPS

D1984

Whining
Established Member
God stopped out at a modest net gain today, moved all my play money back over to biotech. PTN, OCUL and ARIA. Will enter EGLT tomorrow maybe

alex3610

Established Member
So someone on here a while back convinced me to buy some FNMA and all it did was steadily go down. I bought it as a total gamble and then sort of forgot I had it. Could get very interesting!

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Glad I got into HTBX this morning at 1.58, only 1241 shares. Holding onto 519 shares of OCUL at a 10.11 average now and re-entered PTN yesterday at .55 with only 3450 shares. These are going to my my holdings for the coming weeks. Making no changes before then unless I'm adding to a position

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Looking back on my calls in here obviously MSTX was terrible. DCIX was short term good and that's all I picked it for anyways, same with TOPS. GSL was a flop and tanked after I dumped, although after I first called it PPS went up almost 100% briefly the next morning then tanked. ARIA called at 11.77 now it's 13.67 with some moments over 14 recently, will continue to trend up. PTN still in holding pattern but I mentioned it (not recommended it) at .50 now at a new support level of .58. OCUL called at 8.68 now at 10.69 now on steady uptrend. EGLT I still like but I'll take another look at it after FDA approves labeling, hopefully all 3 labels. Not the greatest pick since I called at 8.03 and it's now 7.69 and has only peaked at 8.07 since then. Good hold if you want to gamble through FDA.

I would never buy based on some random person's call though, always have to do your own DD and determine the risks you are willing to take

D1984

Whining
Established Member
I did try to play a little bounce on MSTX yesterday as well as ACPW the other day, dumped after allowing one day for each stock at a break even price. Now they are down from where I dumped so my suspicions confirmed. A lot of people like reverse mergers and NOLs, they seem too risky for me personally. And MSTX has a crook of a CEO who likes diluting and lies all the time

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Man I got burned by HTBX. Lost $5k because I was greedy and didn't take my profits before data. CEO played everybody with a classic pump job, teasing good data with the abstracts, flying top doctors out for the conference, etc.

Meanwhile I was in NVCN for a couple days, sold it all to cover some margin, then two days later it goes up 104% in the premarket and ends the day 70% up.

FANTASTIC TIMING BY ME

This morning I bought 718 shares of EGLT for 6.98. From now on I am not buying any more bios that are waiting on data or have financial issues. Book value on EGLT is well over 9 bucks and they have over $100M cash. I will also be opening another position in OCUL pretty soon here. CEO seems like he's positioning for a buyout with the CTO today, and he has a history of running bios that are bought out. And again, plenty of cash, good PH3, ETC.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Any of you guys holding RIG? They plan to announce their merger with Transocean Partners, which likely will not have too big of an impact either way. However, I'm about 30% up and curious what kind of chatter you're hearing about selling/holding. Risk says sell, oil prices and existing gains say hold.

MG0h3

Established Member
I just got back into playing about two weeks ago. Picked up 15% on ORIG and sold and now its run up another 30% in the last week. Most of the smaller oil stocks have been doing about the same.

I havent followed RIG but I dont see this group going down unless the company is just a mess.

Unless Trans is weaker, Id say hold.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
TONS of insider buying with EGLT right now. Bunch of form 4s came out today. Over 600k shares total. 150k of that was the CEO. Fasten your seatbelts

DarkMach1

Established Member
So someone on here a while back convinced me to buy some FNMA and all it did was steadily go down. I bought it as a total gamble and then sort of forgot I had it. Could get very interesting!

Im still holding 5780 shares of FNMA. Hoping for something major in the next 2-3 months.

Jmurrz

Established Member
Hey guys, I am relativity new at trading. I have been trading to make a little money on the side while going to school. As always, it is good to have more knowledge and see what everyone else is investing in. I am focused more towards a extremely short term trading strategy. I am mainly a daytrader, but I also do some swing trading.

Right now my "bet" Is LEXG, Lithium exploration is huge and growing, it goes into making phones, tablets, computers, gaming systems, and now with the waves Tesla is making I expect their markets to skyrocket. They just had an announcement that they are negotiating a deal to sell their extraction techniques, and they were featured on Tesla's News today that really made the stock jump. I got in a few days ago before any of this was in the works, but it may be worth a look if the contract goes through. I made a killing on netflix today because they released Q4 earnings and as per usual beat projections.

Users who are viewing this thread