Tail light LED is out

Sloppy12

Established Member
One of the LED strips on my 14 mustang tail light is out. There's 3 on each tail light and only 2 are working on the driver side. Is there some sort of replacement or do I seriously have to buy a whole new tail light. It'll work at times but will cut off most of the time. I've checked the wiring and everything seems fine. Anyone else had this problem?

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
I have only sold taillamps to body shops for accident damage. And yes it is only sold as an assembly. I am sure at some point someone will or might currently offer replacement parts, but from Ford it is the whole thing.

87hatchy

Established Member
I haven't had this issue ('13 GT with 31k miles on it currently). How many miles are on your car? Maybe it'll be covered under warranty??

As mentioned, I'm pretty sure its sold as an entire assembly and only ford makes them for now. Also, unfortunately I think they are very expensive.

Bioburner

Established Member
Any way to get to the printed board that the LEDs are mounted to? Sounds like corrosion has started to degrade the board or bad solder job. Replacement set I seen was over $500. With many cars from Harvey hitting the market they may come down:(

Users who are viewing this thread