Tampa members come in

svtcobralover

Established Member
Hey guys, just moved to Tampa a few months ago and looking to find the local car guys and meets. So, where are the meets/races/etc?

I live in New Tampa and work in Brandon. I drive a black on black 98 Cobra, so if any of you see me around don't be afraid to say hi.

:beer:

neatofrito1618

Established Member
Woohoo! Work in New Tampa and live in Land O Lakes. Drive an 04 Redfire Cobra.
I live in Land O' Lakes as well. I've seen your Cobra a few times. I used to drive a torch red '03 Mach until a few months ago.

Last edited:

neatofrito1618

Established Member
lol, I think we already ran into each other.

Black Mustang on 41 at night a couple months ago. I got into throttle lightly a couple times, but you made it clear that my bolt-on 5.0 was a bit out of it's league.

What is your set-up? Your car pulled like it was making 600-700rwhp+.

SUPER 20G

Established Member
6 and some change on pump. Race gas, that's a different story. I apologize if I seemed snobby. Whenever I take the Supra out everyone and their brother is a pro race driver and wants to race.....

Last edited:

neatofrito1618

Established Member
6 and some change on pump. Race gas, that's a different story. I apologize if I seemed snobby. Whenever I take the Supra out everyone and their brother is a pro race driver and wants to race.....
Haha, I didn't get that impression. I too seem to get that from time to time. I had a Sebring try to race me from the light on Collier/54 earlier today.:shrug:

LETHAL03COBRA

Established Member
Check out Grab a Lane. They usually have several meets a month in Tampa/Riverview area. Lots of cars with lots of MODS. Not unusual to see a dozen 600+ hp Cobras,Vettes,etc. at their meets.

jpac811

Slow 3v
Established Member
Def check out Grab a Lane. They are actually meeting tonight. Modded Mustangs has a thread dedicated to Tampa also. Cool people on both sites.

mofobucs is a thief

wanna race?
Established Member
a lot of racing in Tampa, I'm not a fan of crowds. I try to set my runs up in safe spots and head home. Not a big fan of meets. every once in while i'll go to one..

LETHAL03COBRA

Established Member
a lot of racing in Tampa, I'm not a fan of crowds. I try to set my runs up in safe spots and head home. Not a big fan of meets. every once in while i'll go to one..

I agree, however sometimes it's fun to sit back and watch everyone, especially when HAVOC pulls up in his Trans Am and says enough of the talk.....who wants some of this!!! Parking lot got real quiet that night!! lol.

Users who are viewing this thread