TB Performance Traction Bar Review

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Installed the TB Performance front TRACTION bar this weekend. Driven about 150 miles since the install and can say this piece is golden. Tightened the wandering feeling that the FiST deals with stock. Over rutted roads the car would want to pull left or right with the P/S fighting it the whole way. Once installed with the traction bar, the car feels like it wants to crest over the rutted roads and stay within the lane.

Installation was a pain as the tolerances were a bit "off". I say off with quotation marks as this piece needs to be installed with both bolts lined up perfectly to get them to thread into the ball cups while being tightened at the same time or else one will catch the lipped portion of the ball cup. Also a lift would have helped quite a bit. Doing it on your back isnt too bad but can be a little annoying as i had to shift the brace a few times to get everything lined up correctly. The powdercoat will suffer if you dont get it lined up correctly and i had some small areas flake or crack off when trying to tighten it the first time. I hit it with some gloss clear to make sure it doesnt rust later on down the road. Total install time was about an hour. If i had a lift, 15 min. max.

Pro's:
Less wandering on rutted roads
Tighter steering response
Front end feels more solid
Purp-a-derp color looks great

Con's:
Install was a small pain in the butt(see installation notes above)
A small increase in NVH during a/c operation(I also have a poly motor mount)
Only comes in Purp-a-derp. More color selection would be nice...

Final Verdict:
Great piece. Worth the $100 and hour of install time. Immediate steering response is the best part about it. Makes the already fantastic Fiesta chassis even better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread