TEKSID Mark VIII vs Cobra Teksid Block

DJAMiller

Established Member
Does anyone know if the Mark VIII and the Cobra Teksid blocks are the same? Would I have any issues using my Mach 1 crank and heads and would everything else swap right over?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I've heard the Mark block is a little weaker than the Cobra block. But I don't think it's enough to make a difference unless you're looking for four digit numbers. Everything should bolt in fine.

96krobrah

Established Member
I had a question as well, could I purchase a 97. 98 mark 8 short block, and swap my 01 cobra intake/ heads/ manifolds directly? I have a bad bottom on my cobra and need something to get me by for now. Will it work?? What do I have to interchange?

Michael Plackis

Established Member
On my build I have a mark 8 teksid block with 99/01 cobra heads and 03-04 cobra cams. Pretty much everything is interchangeable.
Glory of the modular engines

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

DC97Cobra

Established Member
I had a question as well, could I purchase a 97. 98 mark 8 short block, and swap my 01 cobra intake/ heads/ manifolds directly? I have a bad bottom on my cobra and need something to get me by for now. Will it work?? What do I have to interchange?

Mark VIII's come with a cast 6 bolt crank instead of the forged 8 bolt crank. Will need to purchase a flywheel for a Mustang GT.

Users who are viewing this thread