Terminated GT vs. Paxton 13' 5.0 & 16+ Camaro SS

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
So a little background on my car: 1999 mustang gt with a complete and built terminator swap. Ported eaton w/ 2.76 upper, 4lb lower, kooks l/t's and matching x, return style fuel system, 3.73 gear, and air ride suspension. Made 523/548 on a mustang dyno.

The first race was during MW and was against my buddies paxton supercharged 13' 5.0. Both of us were alone. Car is also on air ride and is super stout. It made 630rwhp but am unsure of the tq. I remember him saying it was in the 400's though. Pretty low, which seemed odd to me. We went from a 45 roll and both were in 3rd gear. I honked it off but he still took the hit but only by a little bit. By the time we both hit 4th he was about a car ahead of me but I was reeling him in. At the top of 4th and into 5th, I was coming up on his door, inching my way around him. By the top of 5th, I was at his front fender and our doors were about even when he shut it down. After the race we got to talk and he said that the reason he shut it down was because he could hear me coming around him lmao. We were also coming over a bridge so the risk of there being a bump or something in the road made it a wise decision to shut it down. He said before he let off he was doing a little over 135. I was doing just over 140. I still chalk that one up as a win in my book LOL. I have the recording of this race, but I have no idea how to post it. I don't have a YouTube account. It's on my instagram however, just a few posts down. @kline2012.

The 2nd race was on the way home from mustang week. My girlfriend and I were in my car cruising down I-26 with a back seat and trunk piled FULL of suitcases and luggage from the trip, when a yellow with black racing stripes 16+ camaro came out of no where doing a fly by. First thing I noticed was that it was an automatic. Second thing I noticed was that it sounded stock. I kept cruising along minding my own business for a couple more miles because traffic was a little heavy, but out of no where almost all of the cars between us exited off at the same time, and that opened up a long straight with no traffic. So I pulled up next to the guy and looked over; he appeared to be in his 60's and by himself in the car.
So I started down shifting back down to 3rd at around 45ish mph again. Neither of us honked, so I just nodded to him to hit it. He took the hit but didn't get the jump. I was able to respond just as quickly. I jumped forward about a half a car length, and by the time it was over I MAYBE had a car on him. I had just enough on him to be able to see him in my drivers side mirror, but not enough to see him in my rear view. When I looked down before I shut it down I was doing just over 140ish in 5th. Needless to say I was extremely shocked at how well he was hanging. I've never run a gen 6 before. I feel like the outcome would have been a little better had I been alone and not had all of our luggage in the car as well, but still. The new camaros are no slouch.

If anyone can post the video of the first race for me, I can text it to them.

Last edited:

bokyo1987

Established Member
Nice run with the Paxton 5.0! You were definitely coming around him. The 6G Camaros are pretty stout performers off the showroom floor, but with those numbers and after seeing your other run... you and the lady would've ran away from him easy without all the baggage lol.

Users who are viewing this thread