Terminator front end Problem

2001SVTCobra

Banned
i had a 03/04 front bumper cover from a cobra put on my 99 cobra. My mechanic told me that the body lines do not line up with the stock hood and also he could not get the hood to latch down. For people who did this conversion did they have this issue. I really did not get what he was saying when he called but i wanted to ask if anyone had this problem.

CobraKalas

Established Member
i believe the 03/04 cobra front bumper cover is a bit taller in the 2 posts that o up on the inside of the headlights which are also on the outside of the center grille emblem. using an 03/04 hood or hood designed for the 03/04 cobra would fix your problem. otherwise i believe you can shave down the 2 posts but not 100% sure

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
i think you can just drill new attach points for the clips at the top of the two posts inside the headlights, and kind of "pull" them back further so they don't keep the hood from closing...from what i remember reading about it anyway...

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
That's odd.. one of my buddies put the 03/04 bumper on his 00' GT and he didn't mention having any issues and it looked great!

stangkid

Established Member
i think you can just drill new attach points for the clips at the top of the two posts inside the headlights, and kind of "pull" them back further so they don't keep the hood from closing...from what i remember reading about it anyway...

Thats exactly what i did when i installed mine.

snakebite72

Established Member
you know i had the same problem but the other way,i had an 04 hood paited and ready and when i bolted it on there was a huge gap between the bumper ''horns'' and the hood,the ''horns" on the 04 are longer and i was not going to change my 01 bumper,''hell no!!" so i ended selling the 04 hood and keeping the 01,maybe later down the road ill get a cobra R hood.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
ok, so I know you guys don't like the terminator front bumer on a new edge cobra... mine is just a GT so I have an excuse... kinda...

are there really no pics of this combo?

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
my 99-01 cobra bumper was damaged and I got an 03 cobra bumper for cheap, that's the reason I would like to see pics of a terminator bumper with new edge cobra hood

wma8706

Established Member
before.....
cobra39nm9.jpg
after.....
cobra48vw4.jpg
cobra120ny1.jpg

Last edited:

wma8706

Established Member
LOL....I'm not helping either cause all these new edge cars with terminator bumpers also changed out the hoods...:lol1:

wma8706

Established Member
here you go....
03bumpermk9.jpg
03bumper2sq9.jpg
01 front bumper on a new edge still looks the best though....
01cobrakj9.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread