edit
looks like the video tag edits out the time stamp. skip to 55:50

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just read about this on Fox News. Tesla claims that it will be the fastest production assembly vehicle ever, able to reach 0 to 60 in 1.9 seconds. Holy crap! If the car is built and this claim proven (along with 600 miles on a single charge), it will indeed be a smack down on gasoline powered cars. We'll have to see what the future says about this.

1510929177408.jpg

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
Is this the beginning of the end for the big block V8s and super cars that are gas powered? This (seems) to out perform a ton of vehicles out there. Especially with a 8.8sec quarter mile.
This makes me want to cling to my slow GT500.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Was just a matter of time.

I know not apples to apples, but a good inidcator.. consider that Electric RC cars have been butt raping gas powered RC cars for about 10 years now (maybe a little less) and you could see this eventually coming to full scale 1:1 vehicles.

The lithium ion batteries and brushless motor tech has gone bonkers. And the tech is only going to get better leading to faster more efficient motor designs and longer lasting, more powerful, smaller-footprint batteries.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
They somehow stuffed a 200KW battery into this thing, which means they figured out a way to increase the battery density.

That same battery tech in a model S would push it close to 600 miles to a charge. There are very few people who drive more than 600 miles in a day, even when it comes to road trips that's a decent stopping point.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Something like that almost makes you want them to emit fake engine noises. ha
I remember years ago they were talking about making the prius and the leaf pump out fake noises for safety.

I guess that never happened.

Users who are viewing this thread