The 2018 Mustang is Here - Full Details Inside

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Have the GT's reached 60,000 dollars yet? It's unreal what the prices of cars have gotten up to nowadays......at least the ones I want. ;-). All the added extras are really putting these cars into another level of refinement, and more importantly, price.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
1p years ago, I bought a fully loaded Mustang GT Premium for $32k. I just did a "build and price" to as close as possible to my 07, and it came to a shade over $42k that is about 4 times higher than the typical rate of inflation, which is 2%. I have not check the last 10 years of inflation, but I would guess it was pretty flat or at least below average.

V8Flexin

Established Member
Have the GT's reached 60,000 dollars yet? It's unreal what the prices of cars have gotten up to nowadays......at least the ones I want. ;-). All the added extras are really putting these cars into another level of refinement, and more importantly, price.
I'm guessing fully loaded out it'll be around 48k. I'm sure dealers will be able to push a few past 50k with aftermarket appearance parts and near 60k with performance parts.

Sent from my PURE XL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
1p years ago, I bought a fully loaded Mustang GT Premium for $32k. I just did a "build and price" to as close as possible to my 07, and it came to a shade over $42k that is about 4 times higher than the typical rate of inflation, which is 2%. I have not check the last 10 years of inflation, but I would guess it was pretty flat or at least below average.

Interesting to know. I guess I'm a little jaded from my last trip out to the dealers. I experienced "sticker shock" since it's been a long while since I've been in the car buying mode.

Agreed on the front end. But the rest of it looks pretty sweet. Hopefully someone will make a gt350 appearance front bumper kit for it.

Sent from my PURE XL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I just looked at a few '17's the other day and liked them, more so than this '18 revision I would say.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Those red Recaro seats are da bomb! So nice that I'd consider swapping out my R seats for a set of those.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Anyone else feel the 2015 and up mustangs should have been the mustangs to come out back in 2005? IRS, motor that makes more power than its predecessor (or close to it).
kind of like:
c5z to c6 (405hp to 400hp)
c6z to c7 (505hp to 436hp)
The cars have gotten heavier over the years, but I have a feeling these 2020 and up cars are going to see a weight drop.

Really excited about the 2018+ mustangs. Looking forward to a lighter body GT350 and maybe with a power bump to 550hp if its possible. Can't forget the next GT500 too.

coremaster21

Established Member
I will say it is growing on me. For some reason it looks better when the headlights are off and you can see the grill/slit under the headlight, makes it look more aggressive. Just hope its not too fast, want my pullied cobra to be able to keep up haha. There is also a rumor going around that Ford might release a Bullitt since it will be the 50th Anniversary in 2018 which would be cool.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I will say it is growing on me. For some reason it looks better when the headlights are off and you can see the grill/slit under the headlight, makes it look more aggressive. Just hope its not too fast, want my pullied cobra to be able to keep up haha. There is also a rumor going around that Ford might release a Bullitt since it will be the 50th Anniversary in 2018 which would be cool.

Maybe the second pic of the article on the first page of this post is a little nod to a possible Bullitt for 2018. It has a Boss in the background. Perhaps a subtle hint.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I'm not usually big on options but two things caught my attention. The fact there are going to be 12 different rim choices from the factory and ability to start, locate, lock and unlock your car from your phone.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
THIS!!! THIS RIGHT HERE!!!!

Remember Fords marketing objective for the Mustang HAS to be the 25 - 35 y.o. demographic. That's where you hook people in for life hopefully and that's a group that is hyper conscious to innovation and new technology . Solid rear axle and a clunky T5 transmission would never cut it w/ that crowd no matter how much hp you throw at them. As an earlier poster put it, the Mustang is looking to be the "poor man's" ( relatively speaking ) 911 subsequently it's gotta bring the whole package - styling, handling, tech and power.
Pretty soon I'll be 25+35...

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
THIS!!! THIS RIGHT HERE!!!!

Remember Fords marketing objective for the Mustang HAS to be the 25 - 35 y.o. demographic. That's where you hook people in for life hopefully and that's a group that is hyper conscious to innovation and new technology . Solid rear axle and a clunky T5 transmission would never cut it w/ that crowd no matter how much hp you throw at them. As an earlier poster put it, the Mustang is looking to be the "poor man's" ( relatively speaking ) 911 subsequently it's gotta bring the whole package - styling, handling, tech and power.

I have to say from what I've seen over the years from Ford, they have their marketing honed in nowadays.

Dusten

Established Member
6891bf27cda1a722307c2be15792f5b2.jpg

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I'm guessing fully loaded out it'll be around 48k. I'm sure dealers will be able to push a few past 50k with aftermarket appearance parts and near 60k with performance parts.

Lol, i paid 48k out the door for my 2011 GT500 used from Carmax with 5 year up to 75k mile extended warranty...

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

The issue is the radical content increase over the last ten years.

In the past cars improved ever slightly each generation. Interiors got a bit better, became FM became Tape Decks became CD players.

The technology and performance increases coincided with industry being able to drive costs down. A lot of this had to do with outsourcing in the 80's and 90's as well.

That $80 US made tape deck got replaced by a $60 Foreign made CD player and the extra $20 went to pay for the Foreign made power window motors...

TodAy however, CAFE requirements, 50 air bags, mandatory rear cameras, power everything, lane assist, radar systems, etc that are becoming mandatory are driving prices up faster than industry can find a way to reduce costs.

Start seeing more exotic materials and more domestic sourcing and prices will only continue to rise over the next 10 years. This is a problem all car models are having, not just Mustangs.

****, there is a thread about a $90k Dodge Challenger.

A 1972 Challenger R/T was $3,300. Top of the line Hemi Challenger was $4,500. That is $18k and $25k accordingly today.

A 1992 Civic Si was $10,000. That is $17,000 today. New Civic Si is $27,000...

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Start seeing more exotic materials and more domestic sourcing and prices will only continue to rise over the next 10 years. This is a problem all car models are having, not just Mustangs.

I agree. At the risk of talking politics... this is what happens when Government drives industry instead of free-market capitalism. As the industry finally catches up, some new EPA rule will drive the price up elsewhere in the process.

Is it odd if I really like the new Mustangs, but feel like they are not a true Mustang? I mean, with the exception of the name, I'm not seeing much of the old Pony Car left.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I agree. At the risk of talking politics... this is what happens when Government drives industry instead of free-market capitalism. As the industry finally catches up, some new EPA rule will drive the price up elsewhere in the process.

Is it odd if I really like the new Mustangs, but feel like they are not a true Mustang? I mean, with the exception of the name, I'm not seeing much of the old Pony Car left.

I get that for sure. All the refinement of the modern day muscle car has taken the rawness out of it. Very sad in a way.

The issue is the radical content increase over the last ten years.

In the past cars improved ever slightly each generation. Interiors got a bit better, became FM became Tape Decks became CD players.

The technology and performance increases coincided with industry being able to drive costs down. A lot of this had to do with outsourcing in the 80's and 90's as well.

That $80 US made tape deck got replaced by a $60 Foreign made CD player and the extra $20 went to pay for the Foreign made power window motors...

TodAy however, CAFE requirements, 50 air bags, mandatory rear cameras, power everything, lane assist, radar systems, etc that are becoming mandatory are driving prices up faster than industry can find a way to reduce costs.

****, there is a thread about a $90k Dodge Challenger.

A 1972 Challenger R/T was $3,300. Top of the line Hemi Challenger was $4,500. That is $18k and $25k accordingly today.

A 1992 Civic Si was $10,000. That is $17,000 today. New Civic Si is $27,000...

All the extras that I found on cars blew me away. So many things that are already mandatory for safety standards, not to mention the things on the horizon, and all the add-on items. Nicer interiors, refinement, extras.... made me feel the prices are jumping up a bit, I just had nothing to back it up. Life in general is getting so expensive nowadays with this technology boom.

Users who are viewing this thread