The Complete How To Cut Your Stock Springs Thread

gazim

Established Member
what iso's are remaining in this pic? to me the car is perfect.. I'm about to venture into this and want the same look u have. sorry for the old thread bump, lol

gazim

Established Member
what iso's are remaining in this pic? to me the car is perfect.. I'm about to venture into this and want the same look u have. sorry for the old thread bump, lol

I Cut 3/4 up front and 1 coil back both cut on bottom side. Now I just need to get some wider meats in the back.lol

2011-04-13_14-36-10_16-1.jpg

what iso's are remaining in this pic? to me the car is perfect.. I'm about to venture into this and want the same look u have. sorry for the old thread revival.. lol

tigersgotwood69

Established Member
Did you guys notice a difference of ride height after a couple days? how much more did it drop and how long did it take? A.T I know you said in one of your previous posts that it dropped in the rear and judging by the picture, the springs settled quite a bit more

Blackoyote

Established Member
I cut 3/4 of a coil up front without bottom iso and 1 full coil in the back with both iso's.
DSC_0562_zpsg5wykrqe.jpg
DSC_0563_zpsl11c7vyd.jpg

Looks good, I did mine yesterday to the same specs...however, my front isn't as low. If it doesn't settle before I do my CC plates I'm going to take off a little more.

Maxspeed04svt

Established Member
Just cut 1/2 a coil up front 3/4 of a coil in the rear - the pic was taken just a few minutes after install so I hope the rear settles a bit more

8D6E9047-3785-44BC-8CAB-0FF13EEA393A.jpg

mouwbl

So I'm new to Mustangs, I have owned 3 Camaros and fell in love with the sound on a mustang. My question is I bought a 99 Cobra and cut one coil off all 4 sides and left off one of the isolators in the front and the rear sits lower and really bugs me, what do you think? Everyone else does 1 coil and looks really good. I know this is old but hoping someone can help. Thanks

Would post picture but new to site and not sure how to do it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread