The Force is Strong"R" With This One

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
STill my favorite color combo by far!
Love the CF accents, still 51/49 against on the mirrors.
Keep up the good work.
-J

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
I'm gonna need to see some higher resolution pics. I'm not diggin' it right now. Also looks like some fitment issues with the rear valence.

I don’t know that the resolution will get any higher than this Nikon, but I will get closer and more detailed pics when I have more time.

This was the first time I pulled the car out after the install the night before. I still need to go around it and make any adjustments if needed. Wanted to drive the car and allow everything to settle in

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Finally got the R out in track. Good lawd! More photos and some thoughts to come soon.

5EBE4FFC-27DC-4811-8114-B1C8C1A70B50.jpeg

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
How did it feel? Impressions?
The car felt amazing brother. I ran it in complete street trim, and made no adjustments for the track day. Even running on the MPSS it had so much grip that I was amazed. Definitely a faster car than the standard 350 and very well composed. The most impressive part was that after pulling the car off track it was back in street mode. Really crazy what these cars can do out of the box.

Established Member
It would be nice to see the carbon fiber weave on the stock wheels on your beautiful car.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Here are a couple of recent photos of the SV701 on my GT350R. Got invited to a local show called Karmecca and it was pretty cool. Lots of hard parked activity though. I have been debating lowering the car and adding the DSC Sport Controller. The Carbon Composites by MAD front splitter has the scrape armor attached which is pretty robust. I would like to reduce some of the wheel gap while retaining the same spring rate, or as close to it as possible. My thought is that lowering the car 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch will make it look great, while the added ability of the DSC controller to control suspension changes may save me on public roads. Been at this crossroads before and trying not to tempt fate. Any input?

SV701_GT350_R_Han_Solo_3.jpg

SV701_GT350_R_Han_Solo_1.jpg

SV701_GT350_R_Han_Solo_2.jpg

SV701_GT350_R_Han_Solo_4.jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I didn't notice before that the turn signal housings are also carbon fiber. Have they priced the kit yet?

I agree that it's low enough as is. I think the GT350 is the first time in history that Ford ever got the stance right on a Mustang.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Looks low enough for me

I didn't notice before that the turn signal housings are also carbon fiber. Have they priced the kit yet?

I agree that it's low enough as is. I think the GT350 is the first time in history that Ford ever got the stance right on a Mustang.

You guys are right. This is what happens when I go to a show with a bunch of low cars. I lose my mind.

The carbon bits are up and available at www.mad-ind.com

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I think Ford tends to fail on stance on the front wheel gap.
It does look good as is, but 3/8-1/2" lower in the front would look even better.
-J

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
I think Ford tends to fail on stance on the front wheel gap.
It does look good as is, but 3/8-1/2" lower in the front would look even better.
-J
I am thinking that I can always test out the springs on the street and on track at the private track day I have setup in October at Thunder Hill. If it ends up being too low for the street I can always swap them back off. God I miss the days when you could just cut 1/2 a coil off the terminator and call it good.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

The carbon bits are up and available at www.mad-ind.com

WOW!! The whole kit costs about half as much as just the stock rear wing! Is that really carbon fiber??? I know I keep asking you this for all the new stuff you post (LOL), but do they have any plans to show some love to the S197? The GT500 specifically. I've been wanting to freshen up the look of mine lately.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
WOW!! The whole kit costs about half as much as just the stock rear wing! Is that really carbon fiber??? I know I keep asking you this for all the new stuff you post (LOL), but do they have any plans to show some love to the S197? The GT500 specifically. I've been wanting to freshen up the look of mine lately.

Always here to answer questions brother. Everything is real carbon fiber.

CCBM historically works directly with an OEM to manufacture the carbon fiber parts and have access to the CAD files. Generally that partnership happens on newly released cars. He probably won’t dip into the previous GT500 market, but the new one is another story.

I have seen some carbon diffusers, splitters, and hood vents for the GT500, but not sure who makes them.

Users who are viewing this thread