The Random Military Ship/Boat pics/video thread

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
ttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.hellenicnavy.gr%2Fimages%2Fistoria%2Fploia_mouseia%2Ftriiris_olympias%2FTRIHR005.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
1969 - Australian carrier HMS Melbourne collides with USS Frank E. Evans in South China Sea. 74 of Evans' crew were killed. I witnessed the recovery operation from the USS Kearsarge (CVS-33) which was part of the sea exercise.

Melbourne after the collision.
6037307265_1a42317453_b.jpg

Evans split in two. The bow section sank quickly.
Evans_with_TF_92_09_op_720x517.jpg

The sea was eerily calm the morning of the collision. Like a sheet of glass. And the moon was full as I remember. One of the brightest nights I've ever seen. Very sad day.
main-qimg-713e349a436e11118fbe00d8ae5ea989-c.jpg

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Submarines have always fascinated me, Navy did their best to recruit me to be a Nuke after they got my asvab score but I didn't think I could go a month without seeing daylight.

Thanks for pics fellas

...and Maximus said to Commodus, "the time for honoring yourself will soon come to an end."

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Submarines have always fascinated me, Navy did their best to recruit me to be a Nuke after they got my asvab score but I didn't think I could go a month without seeing daylight.

Thanks for pics fellas

...and Maximus said to Commodus, "the time for honoring yourself will soon come to an end."
I did a mere 20 years on fast boats. Pretty cool.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Thanks for pics fellas

Wow! Deja vu. I had the exact same thing happen to me in boot camp. My scores put me on a recommended list for submarine duty, but I declined for the same reason. I couldn't see me going that long without seeing the light of day. So instead, I was assigned to an aircraft carrier. My (soon to be) wife was very happy with my decision not to accept sub duty.

Users who are viewing this thread