The Random Weather Thread

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
For those in hurricane prone areas (or weather nerds interested in trop cyclones)

A current phd student at fsu runs an amazing website that is incredible for weather data and maps, but his true passion is hurricanes. We call him the Wizard within the program. This dude knows his stuff and will run the National Hurricane Center one day.

When there's an active storm, he posts update videos to YouTube and his site daily, walking you through all the detailed maps, comparing the different models (and explaining the differences), and giving genius insight.

A MUST have in your bookmarks

Tropical Tidbits website
His YouTube page
An example of an update from Hurricane Matthew

Sent from my SM-G930T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
thanx!!! just bookmarked both of those. I usually watch weather underground and then the hurricane center's tropical site and then their vapor radar to see what the winds and wind shears are looking like.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
IMG_2227.JPG

Sent from somewhere

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
This is the base relative velocity radar from ICT the other night, a town 60mi east was just hit by an EF3 just an hour or so earlier and it was getting dark as this storm moved in.
You can clearly see the "couplet" on the back of a mesocyclone thunderstorm heading toward my location in yellow... that couplet is where it was producing a rotating wall cloud and a funnel during this time... never did produce a tornado thankfully.
Saved the radar images as it was coming in... rarely get to see rotation that broad.
f654bc7afc57ed37dc4b635e3e105919.gif

Sent from my Note8

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
This is the base relative velocity radar from ICT the other night, a town 60mi east was just hit by an EF3 just an hour or so earlier and it was getting dark as this storm moved in.
You can clearly see the "couplet" on the back of a mesocyclone thunderstorm heading toward my location in yellow... that couplet is where it was producing a rotating wall cloud and a funnel during this time... never did produce a tornado thankfully.
Saved the radar images as it was coming in... rarely get to see rotation that broad.
View attachment 1498087

Sent from my Note8

I miss sitting at the NEXRAD console something fierce.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Hot as balls out here.
95 degrees but feels well over 100. It's the humidity that's a killer.

Users who are viewing this thread