They got me! CV-22 Osprey

crazycarlo

Established Member
I miss working on and seeing the F14Tomcats fly. It was truly a sight to behold. Even better from a Carrier. Now my Firestation is next to an Air Guard base so I get to see F18's and F22's flying. Pretty cool still.

03cobraracer

Established Member
I miss listening to the A10's flying over my house in Germany when I was stationed there. They would fly over low, then hit the training area and all I would hear is the their front mounted minigun... I miss that sound the most lol

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I miss listening to the A10's flying over my house in Germany when I was stationed there. They would fly over low, then hit the training area and all I would hear is the their front mounted minigun... I miss that sound the most lol

A10's are awesome but I wouldn't call the Avenger a minigun lol.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I grew up in Phoenix a few miles from Luke AFB. I miss the frequent sonic booms. Whenever I'm back in town I always make time to sit off of Northern at the end of the runway and watch the F16's.

03rd SVT

Established Member
I work for Bell out in Amarillo where the V-22 is manufactured. Pretty cool little machine. Our new developmental a/c, the V-280 was out on the test stand the other day turning the rotors for the first time.......it's pretty badass to see in person!!
9b0c276c7fdda38585b4b6f393593564.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pepridgefarm

Established Member
I work on them, for some reason it’s only letting post on pic. I’ll try to add some more

Attachments

• 791287AA-59AA-4756-9ACD-1E397ABBA68A.jpeg
    791287AA-59AA-4756-9ACD-1E397ABBA68A.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 93

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
IMG_1976.JPG
My best friend is flight crew on an osprey. He just got back from Kuwait and brought me the flag they had in the bird when they landed in Syria. Super awesome

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
saw some flying by the freeway while i was stuck in traffic. they were in helicopter mode with the rotors vertical. it was pretty hypnotizing.

only other aircraft that i've personally seen, that has blown my mind was the f22 at an airshow. just hovering in vertical position, like a dolphin at sea world lol.

Rosco3

Established Member
The A-10s out of Fort Wayne have come over our house a few times, and occasionally follow I69 between Fort Wayne and Indianapolis.

Several WWII era planes (B-17/24) have gone around my parents property giving tours from the local airport in DeKalb County.

I saw an A-10 back when Mt comfort still had an air show off of I-70. They had a WWII mustang that was going to fly but it had some mechanical issues.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread