Thinking about trading for a Viper...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I can’t recall if I’d posted my thoughts earlier, but I cant stop thinking about a Gen 5 Viper. I love my ‘13, but am thinking about selling and getting GTC or GTS. Who else has done something similar?
What do you enjoy doing with the car?
NA at altitude isn't as strong, even an 8.4 V10
A Viper is a complete badass, I've driven an ACR on track and would enjoy owning one.
I'd personally build a blown Coyote Backdraft Cobra but always respect the Viper.
I would assume a final gen Viper would hold its value well?
-J

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
What do you enjoy doing with the car?
NA at altitude isn't as strong, even an 8.4 V10
A Viper is a complete badass, I've driven an ACR on track and would enjoy owning one.
I'd personally build a blown Coyote Backdraft Cobra but always respect the Viper.
I would assume a final gen Viper would hold its value well?
-J
Weekend only cruising car would be the main purpose. I don’t know if I’d do much more than headers, intake, and tune but I’ve said that before.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I just hate how they sound through the exhaust. That's always been my biggest gripe with them. Even if they sounded like a Ferrari or Lambo V10 sound would be a huge upgrade
Yeah, the Shelby is the best sounding car I’ve owned. I think of the Viper as a super model with a shitty laugh.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I also hate the way a Viper sounds. But...they do look downright wicked! And...they are a rare sight that always demands a second look when one goes by or is parked within sight. I love my GT500 ( 2nd GT500 in 6 yrs) but as far as folks looking at it many people...except the educated car enthusiast... view it as just a Mustang. I also own a '64 C2 Stingray. That cars gets horn beeps, thumbs up, window down red light questions, walk arounds everywhere it's parked. The only cars I've had that happened with are three 427 Cobra kits....but I think the Stingray gets even more attention than my Cobras. Vipers are show stoppers. Doubt it would stay with any FBO GT500 even with work......but I fully understand your interest if you have the extra money.
ps: My dog prefers the Shelby lol!

Attachments

• P4040119.JPG
    P4040119.JPG
    357.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

BladeX10

Established Member
I have the biggest hard on for a Viper. I see an ACR around town every now and its just flat out wicked looking

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I also hate the way a Viper sounds. But...they do look downright wicked! And...they are a rare sight that always demands a second look when one goes by or is parked within sight. I love my GT500 ( 2nd GT500 in 6 yrs) but as far as folks looking at it many people...except the educated car enthusiast... view it as just a Mustang. I also own a '64 C2 Stingray. That cars gets horn beeps, thumbs up, window down red light questions, walk arounds everywhere it's parked. The only cars I've had that happened with are three 427 Cobra kits....but I think the Stingray gets even more attention than my Cobras. Vipers are show stoppers. Doubt it would stay with any FBO GT500 even with work......but I fully understand your interest if you have the extra money.
ps: My dog prefers the Shelby lol!
Sweet Vette, always liked those Centerlines on older muscle.
-J

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
[QUOTEven Sweet Vette, always liked those Centerlines on older muscle.][/QUOTE]
Thanks Bud.....the Vette had the fenders flared in the 70's which allowed for the big tires and lowered stance. It's a 450/450 fully dressed 383 stroker with Tremec 600. Cockpit is a fully operational time machine. It's a blast to drive . I feel blessed each time I open a door in either car.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Why not both OP??? Thats the reason why I'm here, I think I want a GT500 as a daily driver, LOL. My commute is short AF, so mileage wont matter.
But I'm three years away from pulling the trigger. Need to pay off the viper first!

I will say, if you want straight line speed for cheap, the GT500 is the way to go. For the track, it will not be close, the Viper is a beast. Was passing a c6z like nothing.
Money no object, it will be hard to beat a boosted ACR. ****ing thing has so much downforce it is planted and can run 1800rwhp. BUt again thats a no expense spared build. **edit i see 13Cobra already posted that viper. LOL.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread