Those interested in the new GT500,....

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
What if the the new GT500 isn't as what you hoped/wished for?
What other cars do you have in mind if you planned on buying the new GT500, but it isn't what you want after the reveal, whether it be because of looks, performance or whatever reason.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
As long as it has 1,000hp I will be satiated. If it is any less, then I will be very unhappy.

Orange is the new Sarcasm font color.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Keep my current GT500. Looking for a new car/truck as a DD in early 2018. Lets see, checking out BMW M5 or X5, Ford Raptor, Jeep Cherokee SRT, Durango SRT, F150 Platinum. Right now, wide open.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1971mach1

Established Member
Keep my 13 GT 500, and maybe buy my first car other than a ford. A Dodge Hellcat or Demon whatever it's call. Ford needs to regain the top spot.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I will likely keep my '13 GT500, buy the wife a Grand Cherokee w/Diesel, and start a long overdue C2 Corvette restoration which is bound to be expensive. I'd love to have a Hellcat Charger, or a Corvette Grandsport, but we're building a house, so it appears retirement will be postponed as well...

Clemson

Established Member
Well Im not interested already because quite frankly I dont care for the new stang at all and Im not one of these got to have the latest/greatest guys. So, probably go to the dark side, Z06 maybe. But Im keeping this car, so its pretty much a moot point :)

paluka21

Established Member
I think it's a fair assumption the new model of the GT500 will be offered in automatic, will surpass the MY 13-14 in straight line acceleration, and most likely will have upgraded brakes and suspension components. So, essentially everything that I would want.
If it ends up not being what I want, I have the option of keeping my car and building the motor, which is a likely scenario, or trade it in for new Z06.

Breitling

Established Member
Once the car and specs are unveiled, I'll see how it stacks up to my "want" list which includes:
  • 305+ rear tire
  • Brembo's at all 4 corners
  • 725hp+ and an adequate torque curve to go with it
  • A rear end that can handle a hard launch
Looks are subjective and I'll reserve judgement until I see it.

If the car meets my criteria above, then I'll likely sell my '14 GT500 and go for the new one. If it doesn't, then I'll keep my '14.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Like others in this thread, I want to see what it looks like and what the performance numbers are first. If it is what I am wanting/liking, I will trade my car in, (if I get a good trade-in value only). If I don't get a good trade-in value with a Ford dealership, or the new GT500 isn't what I was hoping for, I'll go look at the Dodge Hellcat Challenger.

Recon

Established Member
C6 ZR1, another classic, or sublime Hellcat Challenger with a stick. Not interested in the auto.
Saw one of the two (ZR1) in my town. That thing is sexy.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

snakedoctor

Established Member
If they don't come out with a new GT500 I will be getting either

1.) 2014 GT500
2.) 2013 ZO6
3.) New Challenger Hellcat/Demon

I'm a little underwhelmed by the GT350, especially for the price they are selling for.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
If I am not mistaken, isn't the new demon going to be very limited? In any case I could see a huge ADM on these just like the GT350R's...So in that fact a very select crowd will actually be able to afford one...But with new possible GT500, I would want to see 750HP with way better tires than my '14 had..But I love my 2 cars idk if I could get rid of them just now

Breitling

Established Member
Ford will have no trouble selling all the new GT500 it makes provided they keep yearly units to 10k or less.

I think Ford produced about 10,000 '13 and '14 GT500s in total - or about 5,000 a year. So if Ford produces 10,000 per year of the new GT500, I would be thrilled as this would likely mean that MSRP deals or under would be available.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Ford Performance still has several vehicles to debut before 2020. If there is something else I like I'll get it. Thinking if the mid engine that GM is testing is a vette, I'll get that, or maybe a Mc laren. Have a slot at my local dealer for the Demon but not sure i want it.

Users who are viewing this thread