Thoughts on MBRP LT and H pipe

cobraman2009

Established Member
Hello everyone....I'm looking for a good Long Tube/Mid Pipe combo (I prefer H pipes over X) and American Muscle has a kit from MBRP. I am looking at this LT/H pipe kit, but I'm hearing bad things about the quality of MBRP construction and welding. Does anyone have this kit installed and have you had any problems with it? Any leaks or rust issues? Here's the link for the kit:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mbrp-lt-headers-hpipe-1114gt.html

zcardriver79

I installed these on my 11 gt and the fit and finish are really nice. I was able to install them in 5-6 hours but I can also spin a wrench pretty good. Then I just lifted the motor removed the mounts slide the new headers in. I would recommend putting the top bolts in and then putting the headers in rather than putting the bottom bolts in. Some of the primary’s run almost directly over the bolts and I think it would make the installation more difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

fuelforfire87

Established Member
While the MBRP catbacks are more on the budget side, their headers look solidly built. I have Kooks headers but i don't see a problem with the MBRP headers, especially if you want a H pipe setup.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
There are plenty of lesser brands you could go with like BBK for example, but they only offer an x-pipe so I'm guessing you're not even considering those

OneSlowV

Established Member
Mbrp on my 2014 no issues at all fitment was spot on

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

joshdj13

Established Member
Ive got this setup and the quality is top notch. Had a shop install them while i was working and they said it was one of the easiest installs they did. No leaks or fitment issues. I bought mine off walmart.com

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread