Tire help please!!!

melissa809

Established Member
yeah...they do look nice....i like the plate, too! Yeah, I'm in the city....so...the consensus is that I am going with the Nitto 555's...lol. I never purposely drive in the rain and I only take her out in the winter on nice days...say 40 degrees or so.....so the nitto's should be good.

My brother HATES the stock rims (I love them) and thinks I should just get stock tires for the front....(I found a bubble in my sidewall yesterday, but I have 13,500 miles on the tires) and wait until I have the money for new wheels to upgrade tires. BUT, by the time I have that money, I will need new tires anyways!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
well then sounds like nitto 555 all around will work good for you

Kewlv8

Established Member
yeah...they do look nice....i like the plate, too! Yeah, I'm in the city....so...the consensus is that I am going with the Nitto 555's...lol. I never purposely drive in the rain and I only take her out in the winter on nice days...say 40 degrees or so.....so the nitto's should be good.

My brother HATES the stock rims (I love them) and thinks I should just get stock tires for the front....(I found a bubble in my sidewall yesterday, but I have 13,500 miles on the tires) and wait until I have the money for new wheels to upgrade tires. BUT, by the time I have that money, I will need new tires anyways!

Sounds like your other tires may be aging too, so spending alot for ONE tire now does not make alot of sense, unless you can get at real cheap goodyear take-off tire to get you thru the rest of the year? It is worth checking on the boards maybe, I have a single new 285/40 goodyear that I will never use, and would let go for real cheap. Of course, you need the 255.... Good luck.

melissa809

Established Member
Thanks..yeah, I want a better tire all around. I swapped my S/C pulley....CAI....plugs....tune...so with the extra power I need a tire that sticks better. My brother is funny.....sometimes, if you don't agree with him he thinks u r automatically wrong. He had an 07 GT500, btw. But, he keeps insisting I get rid of the rims.....and by God, i LOVE the stock wheels...and he wants me to swap my hood to a KR hood....BUT I LOVE the stock hood, too...hahaha. My car is an 09 performance white vert, btw.
Thanks again......maybe run into some of you guys at Mustang week?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Thanks..yeah, I want a better tire all around. I swapped my S/C pulley....CAI....plugs....tune...so with the extra power I need a tire that sticks better. My brother is funny.....sometimes, if you don't agree with him he thinks u r automatically wrong. He had an 07 GT500, btw. But, he keeps insisting I get rid of the rims.....and by God, i LOVE the stock wheels...and he wants me to swap my hood to a KR hood....BUT I LOVE the stock hood, too...hahaha. My car is an 09 performance white vert, btw.
Thanks again......maybe run into some of you guys at Mustang week?

good luck with your ride :beer:

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Im prob going with the Nitto 555s all around on my stock rims also. I have my DRs on a spare set of stock rims so Im not going with 555R's on the rear.
Love to see some photos or reviews of the looks of the tire itself on the car.
Thanks

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
I bumped this one foward for you peeps with the stock rims. Im headed to Mustang Week and needed to replace my original tires. The Nitto 555s in the stock size look very nice on the car.
I didnt realize how ug the sidewall was on the Goodyears.
Thought I would share. :beer:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
I am extremely close to replacing either the rears only or all 4 and am torn between 555r Nittos and the best possible street tire that will fit. I drive 75 miles round trip when it isn't raining or below 40 degrees.

On the stock rims the 555 sure looks like the best choice. Kinda wish they made a 555 in 305 or 315! How do you feel they compare to the OEM tires in terms of traction?

Has anyone tried the stock size KR tires? Worth the money?

Does anyone make a wider stickier street tire that is close to 27 inches?

Last edited:

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Kinda wish they made a 555 in 305 or 315! How do you feel they compare to the OEM tires in terms of traction?
Does anyone make a wider stickier street tire that is close to 27 inches?

The 305 buldge a bit too much to me. The stock size 555s are just about perfect from a looks stand point. Also front 555s and a and rear 555Rs 305/40/18 DR would match nicely and get a little better traction on the street/strip. I have DRs for the strip so I went all around street tire.

Im sure these wont hook for crap, but Im sure better than stock,

shooter23

Established Member
I checked the BFG KDW site again and they didn't have tires in 285/40 ..

They are available in that size, part number 84932 KDW.
As for stock, i couldnt tell you, depends what your local guys have, or what the nearest Michelin warehouse has. - But any Michelin/BFg dealer could find that out for you in a matter of minutes; I am a michelin dealer thats how i know.

I currently run the KDWs; 245/40R19 F and 295/35R19 R.

I am not a fan, and will not be putting them back on next summer.
This will be my last car to ever run them, sadly enough.
Traction wise, they are fantastic, but I cant stand the noise (and I have longtubes, m/pipe and corsas) and I can still hear them hum at 60mph and then way that they wear. They start to crack on the shoulders and the sidewalls get hard, very fast.

I will be running Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 next summer. I have been to Michelin's testing grounds, and we beat on these tires in Mustang GT's and BMW M3's and the Michelin's held up better, and gave a much better ride.

Have heard lots of good things about nitto - about as good as BFGs, but i doubt i'll ever give them a try.

Im really picky when it comes to tires, never have i used cheap tires - so I can really tell teh difference when I have tires that dont perform to my liking.

Users who are viewing this thread