• Ostriches are cool, I guess

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
If you can afford it and really want it,...go for it. 2k off MSRP and no taxes is killer.
Just seems like you're going to be paying A LOT for just parking it. Why so much money? I "assume" it's in a parking garage/underground parking, hence NYC?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
That is a tough question. That is an awesome price for a Raptor. Its also a huge chunk of change to park it every month. Do you think you will drive it enough to justify throwing down that kind of money?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I would say no. Unless you are going to pay for parking regardless. No taxes and $2K below MSRP savings will get eaten up very quickly by those parking cost. You won't likely make enough profit on resale to justify the hassle.

Is MAS not doing the lottery for this model year?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Waste of money in general. Raptors are bad ass but why?

I couldnt stomach paying $70k for a truck then taking it off road and beating the hell out of it.

Second option is the situation OP is in. Buy it and have it be a street queen. Also--why?

The whole idea makes no sense but obviously Ford is smarter than me because they sell a shit ton of them.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Waste of money in general. Raptors are bad ass but why?

I couldnt stomach paying $70k for a truck then taking it off road and beating the hell out of it.

Second option is the situation OP is in. Buy it and have it be a street queen. Also--why?

The whole idea makes no sense but obviously Ford is smarter than me because they sell a shit ton of them.
So you wouldn't buy any Performance vehicle then?

earl lee

Established Member
I voted no as OP pretty much said he's really only thinking about buying it because he can get a good deal. Cars arent investments and if your not going to enjoy it you just wasted money on a depreciating assets that will cost you money not to drive.

I dont understand people that spend money on high dollar vehicles to not drive them, dumbest thing ever. Take that money and sit it in a savings account, at least it will accrue a tiny bit of interest and you're not loosing anything.

Yes im the guy that if I had the means would buy a hurcan and put 100k miles on it and not care. Vehicles are meant to be driven, I dont worship cars.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
So you wouldn't buy any Performance vehicle then?

Makes 0 sense. Care to explain?

I'd also love to hear about your off-roading experience.. because i have plenty and fully understand the toll it takes on a vehicle this size.

EDIT: I'd also argue its not a performance vehicle.

Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Makes 0 sense. Care to explain?

I'd also love to hear about your off-reading experience.. because i have plenty.
You fear ****ing up a $70K truck using it in it's intended purpose? So you don't see the point in buying one. So you would fear ****ing up a brand new GT350/R/500 using it in it's intended purpose. So why buy a new Performance vehicle?

I have zero experience in off-reading, care to explain what that is?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
You fear ****ing up a $70K truck using it in it's intended purpose? So you don't see the point in buying one. So you would fear ****ing up a brand new GT350/R/500 using it in it's intended purpose. So why buy a new Performance vehicle?

I have zero experience in off-reading, care to explain what that is?

I dont fear anything. Im sure its a very capable truck for its intended purpose. My position is its a waste of money. You'll either destroy it using it for what it's designed for, or youre a poser who wants to look cool driving a factory lifted truck all day every day on pavement.

When you get yours you'll see why.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Makes no sense to buy it when all potential savings will be spent on parking.... might as well hook a brother up.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I dont fear anything. Im sure its a very capable truck for its intended purpose. My position is its a waste of money. You'll either destroy it using it for what it's designed for, or youre a poser who wants to look cool driving a factory lifted truck all day every day on pavement.

Gotta keep those instagram followers happy so you can get your likes up

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member

Well that's comical, please tell me how I'll "destroy" it off-roading.

Users who are viewing this thread