• Ostriches are cool, I guess

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Well that's comical, please tell me how I'll "destroy" it off-roading.

You never will taking it to the mall and back each week. She'll perform just fine in that capacity albeit with added brake dive and a solid dose of body roll.

Enjoy!

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
You never will taking it to the mall and back each week. She'll perform just fine in that capacity albeit with added brake dive and a solid dose of body roll.

Enjoy!
Lol, struck a nerve I see. But you haven't explained shit and are coming off jealous/condescending. There are plenty of Gen1/2 Raptors that have proved their worth off-road. So again explain your position from your great "off-reading" experience.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Not this year, I guess Ford wanted to test the waters last year. Now that they've seen the demand for 'em, production must be through the roof.
I still wouldn't do it. Are you buying a vehicle regardless when you get back? I'd probably do a cheaper "nice" vehicle honestly.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol, struck a nerve I see. But you haven't explained shit and are coming off jealous/condescending. There are plenty of Gen1/2 Raptors that have proved their worth off-road. So again explain your position from your great "off-reading" experience.

Not at all. Again.. i think theyre sweet trucks that will do well off road.

Gen 1's were very capable also.. i dont remember ever saying this truck wasn't a capable off roader. Just not for me.

Is there a reason you feel compelled to tell me how cool the truck is lol??

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member

Gen 1's were very capable also.. i dont remember ever saying this truck wasn't a capable off roader. Just not for me.

You're being worse than a Honda fanboy at this point. Why do you keep skirting around telling us of your experience. Then you edit your post to say it's not a Performance vehicle? Please tell me how it is not?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
You're being worse than a Honda fanboy at this point. Why do you keep skirting around telling us of your experience. Then you edit your post to say it's not a Performance vehicle? Please tell me how it is not?

Because it's performance sucks? 100 mph top speed and i'd be shocked if it broke a 15 sec quarter mile... so yeah there's that.

I do like Hondas. My DD is a Prelude swapped Accord.

Youre the lucky (cough) guy who is buying a Raptor, so im waiting to hear about all of YOUR experience in the dirt and why you feel compelled to waste $70k on something you will never use. Please share!

blk02edge

Established Member
Oh man... there's a huuuuuuuuuuuuge difference in wear and tear on say a few track days in a gt350 compared to going fast off road. It's watermelons to peanuts. Especially when 90% of people who buy raptors think they're in a trophy trucks.

OP. owning a raptor in NYC is a huge waste of money unless the truck is a status symbol. If you think it'll be good off-road in forest terrain you're looking at the wrong vehicle as pin striping a 70k vehicle will suck more than it'll be enjoyable

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I WANT to buy a vehicle, but I don't have to buy one. I just don't want to regret passing up this opportunity. Honestly, if I knew it wasn't going to be such a headache, I'd give the chance to someone else.
Don't buy it and save the parking fees as a hefty down payment when you're in a more vehicle friendly place.

CO Mack

Established Member
I had a 17 Raptor and loved it (and put some really fun off-road miles on it) but no way I'd buy one in your shoes OP. Even the fact it's dumb financially aside, it is miserable to drive and park in a city.

Not a Ford Performance vehicle? FFS :rolleyes:

Zemedici

Established Member
You'll only drive it on the weekends

$700/month to park it

Don't need a vehicle

I'd spend that cash on something else, or let it sit in the bank.

Smm7PT

Established Member
Because it's performance sucks? 100 mph top speed and i'd be shocked if it broke a 15 sec quarter mile... so yeah there's that.

I do like Hondas. My DD is a Prelude swapped Accord.

Youre the lucky (cough) guy who is buying a Raptor, so im waiting to hear about all of YOUR experience in the dirt and why you feel compelled to waste $70k on something you will never use. Please share!

Had a 11 Raptor with 6.2 that could break 15s 1/4 with 98 mph top speed so I'm sure a 3.5 EB can. "Cough"not that anyone is drag racing a raptor

But hey they aren't performance trucks, they could just literally crush an old ass Honda GAYlude.

And I don't care if it runs 11s 10s 9s or 5s, still runs off Rainbows and Semen...

OP it's your money do what you want, but do it quick because another Prelude driver said Nibiru is going to kill us all in 3 days

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
@VaporGT if I could swing it I would have one right now. The value will hold steady which will keep you from losing your ass when you get rid of it. The price is right so suck up the parking and make svtp proud

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member

He has one on order

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Had a 11 Raptor with 6.2 that could break 15s 1/4 with 98 mph top speed so I'm sure a 3.5 EB can. "Cough"not that anyone is drag racing a raptor

But hey they aren't performance trucks, they could just literally crush an old ass Honda GAYlude.

And I don't care if it runs 11s 10s 9s or 5s, still runs off Rainbows and Semen...

OP it's your money do what you want, but do it quick because another Prelude driver said Nibiru is going to kill us all in 3 days

I don't know what most of this even means. You English much?

Ill just say the 6.2 Raptor was a total turd that would NOT break 15s and was lucky to get 11mph on an open highway.

Smartest thing you did was get rid of it but you don't seem very bright so im sure you miss it.

Smm7PT

Established Member
I don't know what most of this even means. You English much?

Ill just say the 6.2 Raptor was a total turd that would NOT break 15s and was lucky to get 11mph on an open highway.

Smartest thing you did was get rid of it but you don't seem very bright so im sure you miss it.

It was smart, I sold it to a dealer for 5k more than I bought it after owning it for 2 years. It was as planned an investment, that even jumped a few creek banks and hauled a few deer that I hunted, field stripped etc, but I'm sure you could do all that and get the carcass home faster with a Honda that is blazing 11s.

Crazy ass me traded it for another 6.2 Platinum that routinely sees 16 mpg combined. It's also seen 100k miles and runs great, I am an idiot. I should have totally got an 18 mpg Ridgeline which can't tow/ haul Shit nor see 100k miles of work.

Users who are viewing this thread