To Wait Or Not To Wait...

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
All these cars depreciate so fast especially with ADM, buy a nice 03 Cobra they are more fun to drive... 20-25k for a 03 a year later still a 20-25k car buy a new car that’s 70-100k one year later and you take a 25k hit if the dealer gets you with a big ADM

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Voltwings

Established Member
My Dad has a C7 z06 and it is just something else. In one of the more "tame" modes i can blind fold you and tell you you're driving like a v6 mustang and you'd believe me. It has a very good clutch, shifter, awesome street manners, it is a remarkably easy car to drive considering what it is. You turn the dial to a more aggressive mode however and it's like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hide. It may not be the fastest, BUT it is a well rounded performer that i honestly think the new GT500 may struggle to match. Not to mention it turns heads. My dad has never been the attention grabbing type, he just wanted a cool car after driving economy cars his whole life, but people always stop him and want to talk about it, give thumbs up on the roads, etc... It's a slick car.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
This option so far, in my opinion is my best bet I think. I found a 2015 Z06 2LZ Z07 package, M7 with 8k miles on it for 63k... they are just going for a steal right now IMHO.

It's not like the C7 Z06 is going to appreciate in value any time soon. Just wait for the new GT500. If you're not satisfied with what's released, you can still go buy a used C7 Z06 for thousands less than what you would pay today. Seems like a win-win to me.

91z28350

Established Member
Sorry to hear about the accident man. Hopefully you are ok. I would say get the Z. They are fantastic cars. No sense in going without :)

SVT1320

Established Member
It's not like the C7 Z06 is going to appreciate in value any time soon. Just wait for the new GT500. If you're not satisfied with what's released, you can still go buy a used C7 Z06 for thousands less than what you would pay today. Seems like a win-win to me.

Take your logic and leave! Haha no but honestly, you couldn't be more right. I always tell people, impatience is my most expensive hobby. Haha

Sorry to hear about the accident man. Hopefully you are ok. I would say get the Z. They are fantastic cars. No sense in going without :)

Thank you! I was okay! When the side airbag deploys on those Recaros... make sure your arm is tucked in haha. It made me uppercut the roof!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
How would it be a win-win? Wouldn't you be under water for making payments on the new GT500 and then trade it in for a C7Z06?
Just curious.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
How would it be a win-win? Wouldn't you be under water for making payments on the new GT500 and then trade it in for a C7Z06?
Just curious.

The op won’t buy the car if he doesn’t like what’s released.

GT wasn’t telling the op to buy a gt500, he was saying wait tos see what it will have, then decide

dlaude

Established Member
I always tell people, impatience is my most expensive hobby.

haha I like that. When it comes to cars, I'm very impatient, too.

Actually, you can probably remove 'when it comes to cars' from that last sentence and it'd still be accurate haha.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Also FWIW, it looks a lot better than I expected. It has that same smiling menace face the the GT500 had.

91z28350

Established Member
Thanks! Hood looks cool, brakes look huge, not much else to see, looks like they are using a 15-17 front end still on the mule.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Thanks! Hood looks cool, brakes look huge, not much else to see, looks like they are using a 15-17 front end still on the mule.
It's my understanding that they are using the 15-17 headlights because they look way better

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The car in the photos, while incomplete, does not look to be representing the beastly version that is likely to be offered. The grandpa seats do look comfy though! Looking forward to seeing the version that is dedicated for the track.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I really like the running boards, I just wish they were longer. Hopefully it will have more than 2 cup holders and heated and cooled seats.

gt500-uc14-kgp-ed-copy-1.jpg

gt500-uc15-kgp-ed-copy-1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread