Took the Roush blower for its baseline passes

blownbrainmustang

Established Member
I came from a cobra jet setup on a 150 shot that was running high 10s at 129-130 to a roush tvs kit so I wanted a comparison.

Usual DA is around 3k for my area but last night my passes were around 2200. 85mm pulley on 93 octane with the stock airbox setup and full exhaust. Usually can get 1.5 60' but couldn't get out of the 1.6x but this was what she did.

Return style fuel system is en route along with PMAS, I'll order FIC 1000 injectors tomorrow and slap it all on with the 82mm pulley I have at the house for passes on E85.
024f73519695b43182e16ab85068c0e7.jpg

vortecd

Established Member
A little faster then mine with about the same setup when I started out. I must have a tighter converter cause I would normally 60ft in the 1.7's

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I think those times are pretty good. I would imagine a open air filter would free up a few ponies plus dropping to an 82mm pulley should gain you a few tenths easily. I'm guessing you are on a custom tune and not the Roush?

Take into consideration the temp, elevation, boost level. I think your car is running damn good.

blownbrainmustang

Established Member
Thanks for the thoughts @Riddick

You would be correct on your tune assumption, tuned by Shaun @ AED. I could tell it didn't hit as hard but I hoped I could 60' my way into tens as is. All pulley, intake, and fuel mods will be done at once here shortly so I expect a very drastic change in number

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Flcracker

Established Member
Yeah, I'm really curious to see how it does too. Our cars are very similar. My car just went on E85 with Fore fuel system with the same 82 mm pulley I had with 93 octane, but what a difference good fuel makes. We also added a bigger throttle body and a JLT cold air. Here's a video with a dyno graph before and after the JLT, tb, and fuel system.

blownbrainmustang

Established Member
Yeah, I'm really curious to see how it does too. Our cars are very similar. My car just went on E85 with Fore fuel system with the same 82 mm pulley I had with 93 octane, but what a difference good fuel makes. We also added a bigger throttle body and a JLT cold air. Here's a video with a dyno graph before and after the JLT, tb, and fuel system.

Awesome! How does it feel?

Those are just about the numbers I was looking for. I'm hoping to touch into 600tq but honestly numbers never really meant a lot to me. I got the PMAS 120mm intake in yesterday, now I'm just waiting for the fuel stuff to make it to my door. I'll report back when it's all tuned. I'd like to get some track numbers and I may end up tossing it on the rollers just to see what happens
3afe76dbb7fc81116ec43698f3470be7.jpg

Jdm351

Established Member

Those are just about the numbers I was looking for. I'm hoping to touch into 600tq but honestly numbers never really meant a lot to me. I got the PMAS 120mm intake in yesterday, now I'm just waiting for the fuel stuff to make it to my door. I'll report back when it's all tuned. I'd like to get some track numbers and I may end up tossing it on the rollers just to see what happens
Let me know what you think of the PMAS intake. I picked the same one up a couple weeks ago but probably won't install until fall.

blownbrainmustang

Established Member
@Jdm351 sure thing. I'm sure it'll do the job, maybe it'll help get some whine in. I've placed a GoPro on the hood while racing and there's not a hint of sound with the stock airbox on

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Flcracker

Established Member

The car freaking hauls ass now. I'm really enjoying it. You will too.

Flcracker

Established Member
What were HP and torque Numbers on e85 with the 69 mm pulley? Thanks. Would be cool to see a graph if u have one. Thanks! I'm looking at the same setup but probably going with MPR for my short block. I have pretty much everthing in place to have a very nice street car.

blownbrainmustang

Established Member
What were HP and torque Numbers on e85 with the 69 mm pulley? Thanks. Would be cool to see a graph if u have one. Thanks! I'm looking at the same setup but probably going with MPR for my short block. I have pretty much everthing in place to have a very nice street car.

Am I missing something, or possibly wrong thread?

Flcracker

Established Member
My bad, I had the pulley size wrong. Anyway… Did you get a chance to put her on the dyno? "… I may end up tossing it on the rollers just to see what happens."

Last edited:

blownbrainmustang

Established Member
My bad, I had the pulley size wrong. Anyway… Did you get a chance to put her on the dyno? "… I may end up tossing it on the rollers just to see what happens."

Still on pump with the 85. My fuel stuff hasn't made it to me yet, but as soon as everything's on I'll try to find a shop available for a few dyno pulls. Will report back

Jdm351

Established Member
These guys and the fuel system finally made it. I'll try to find time to get installed soon
212e731fcc0db4a5271729492f619688.jpg
You get this stuff installed yet? I just installed the pmas CAI yesterday. I liked the filter/MAF assembly. Didn't love the clamps or the heat shield that came with it. Seemed a bit cheap. Makes a lot of supercharger noise once you get some throttle into it.

Users who are viewing this thread